Koodo Community
Solved

Change plan to 40$ promotion

• 1 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Hey,

I'm trying to take advantage of the 40$ promotion that ends September 3 for bring your own phone. Koodo just automatically changed my plan from that to 43$/month this month. If I try to change my plan to the promotion it says I can only change my plan once per billing cycle, but I never changed it. Why would I decide to go for the same plan but pay 3$ more?

I'm trying to find out how to fix this without calling as there appears to be a 10$ service fee if I do.

Seems a little ridiculous to me that they increased my plan 3$ to "support network enhancements" but then offer a promo of my old plan the same month.
icon

Best answer by Dinh 2 September 2019, 01:24

I had the original 40$/month plan for probably close to 3 years (1gb, 500 minutes, unlimited messages), then in June 2019 I got an email saying they needed to increase it to 43$/month to support network enhancements. I also was given the option of making it 45$/month with 2 gb if I wanted. I had no choice in the increase to 43$.

Now that they have the 40$/month promo on, I want to change to that plan, but somehow I am locked out of making changes to my current 43$/month plan through self serve until the next billing cycle.

Unfortunately, my billing cycle lasts until after the promo expires September 3rd.

Oh, ok. In that case, you would need to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to help you. You could mention your case and ask for no $10 charge (as the change wasn't initiated by you).

You could send message to their facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Koodo) or setup a callback via their digital assistant (www.koodo.com/chat)
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi,
What was the original promotion/notification? Was it a notice that your rateplan would increase? Did you have to text to a number or something?
I had the original 40$/month plan for probably close to 3 years (1gb, 500 minutes, unlimited messages), then in June 2019 I got an email saying they needed to increase it to 43$/month to support network enhancements. I also was given the option of making it 45$/month with 2 gb if I wanted. I had no choice in the increase to 43$.

Now that they have the 40$/month promo on, I want to change to that plan, but somehow I am locked out of making changes to my current 43$/month plan through self serve until the next billing cycle.

Unfortunately, my billing cycle lasts until after the promo expires September 3rd.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh, ok. In that case, you would need to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to help you. You could mention your case and ask for no $10 charge (as the change wasn't initiated by you).

You could send message to their facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Koodo) or setup a callback via their digital assistant (www.koodo.com/chat)