Koodo Community

Change phone number

• 15 September 2018
  • 8 replies

My daughter borrowed my wifes phone for a few months she ended up breaking the phone. Yesterday I got a new phone from Walmart Kiosk. I informed the sales guy that I needed to change the phone number. He failed to inform me that I needed to change it before getting the new phone. Now my old number is locked for 14 days. Ive sat on hold for two nights in a row to a total of 5 hours. I need a new number now, not in 2 weeks. Please help.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can't you change it on self serve?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Why would your number be locked because you changed phones? That's not how it works. Does self-serve not allow you to change it?
Its locked on self serve for 14 days
Badge +4
Not really understanding why your phone number is locked for 14 days. You should be able to just remove the sim from the broken phone and put it in the new phone if it fits. if it doesnt fit you will need to get a new sim.

If you just want a new phone number you should be able to do it through your self serve account.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/changing-your-phone-number
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you post for us exactly what it says?
I was on hold when i wrote this. Finally got my call answered. Problem is resolved.
If you change phones or upgrade your account you cannot change your phone number on self serve for 14 days. Not knowing that bit of info cost me a $10 service charge and 2 evenings on hold.
So if you need to change your number, make sure you go to self serve and change it BEFORE you change your plan or phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you change phones or upgrade your account you cannot change your phone number on self serve for 14 days. Not knowing that bit of info cost me a $10 service charge and 2 evenings on hold.
So if you need to change your number, make sure you go to self serve and change it BEFORE you change your plan or phone.

Did you tell them you cannot change it on self serve? If you can't do it on self serve, there is no service charge.