Koodo Community

Community

Solved

change in plan price

I was paying 44$ for my plan(500 mb and 500 mins) while 2 months ago the price of the plan changed to 38$. it neabs that I payed 6$ extra each month and if it was not because of the problem with my phone that I had to go to koodo store to buy a new one, I would not know about this change and keep on paying extra fees. shouldn't koodo inform me about this change? please help.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
you have what is known as a grandfathered plan - when you chose Koodo you set up your plan, Koodo will keep that plan until you decide to change it. Once you change it it is no longer available to get though. Koodo's plans change depending on competition plans, prices....your same plan could just as easily gone up to $50, it is your responsibility to keep an eye on the plans that are available...it does not make sense for Koodo to send you a text everytime there are plan changes. Can you imagine getting a different text for everytime the plan changes....people would be calling and complaining that they don't want all these texts.
I do not agree with you. when it comes to customers rights people appreciate to receive as many text and notification possible because it builds the trust between koodo and customers and also shows koodo's care and support. by the way if it is possible, please refer me to the section in the aggreements that mentioned that koodo is not responsible for notifying its customers of the changes in plans cause I could not find it.
Userlevel 3
Navid Elahipanah wrote:

I do not agree with you. when it comes to customers rights people appreciate to receive as many t...

if its not in the agreement that they WILL tell you about plan changes than it is not their responsibility
Userlevel 7
Navid Elahipanah wrote:

I do not agree with you. when it comes to customers rights people appreciate to receive as many t...

Navid, your understanding of the law is flawed. What Kakarot said is true, if its not written in the agreement they don't have to. Second, your plans price did not change. The $38 plan is completely different from your plan. They are two different plans in Koodo's system. You DONT have "the right" to be informed when Koodo brings out new plans. Thats not a real law or anything related whatsoever. You as a consumer have a duty to always keep yourself informed of new products/services and/or changes a company makes. Koodo owes you nothing.
Navid Elahipanah wrote:

good on you, direct and to the point, awesome response, Ahmad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Same happened to us with Telus... turned out we paid for a much faster home Internet plan than our old copper cables could even serve. On top of that we paid for phone features we never even used or needed. We did not pay attention to their offerings, we paid too much for years. When we finally called them, they changed us back to the cheaper plan and removed the unused features. How many month did we get back? None... we were changed from the coming month onward. We learned to be dilligent from then on and keep (half) an eye on the Telus website ever since. Now we're on Fibre, they upgraded us for "free" but once again it meant we had to change plans. Such is life 😞 I can't say it makes me very happy either but that is the way these companies operate - they certainly won't stop you from paying too much!
I think the fair thing to do would be to return all your money for services, that you paid for and never used. I would think any reputable company, would correct this issue with [no hesitation] It makes me sad to think the manager dropped the ball, why didnt he/she correct issue  a.s.a.p.  Wish you the best,