Koodo Community
Solved

Cellular support for apple watch

• 3 November 2020
  • 5 replies

If we get enough people talking about it, do you think Koodo will implement a plan to incorporate apple watches? I have the SE with cellular not thinking that Koodo wouldn’t support it. Now I’m thinking I might have to switch back to Telus and they are too expensive for what I need - I do not need 20gb of data :( 

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 3 November 2020, 15:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, they probably won't.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you own a business or work for one of Telus's epp partners? That'll help lower the cost for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Stephy_brown It’s not us who you have to convince. :-) If Apple launched a true standalone iwatch we could support it as a BYOW. But, as of now, it requires being paired with an iPhone that is on the same brand/network.

Why does it need to be a stand alone plan? Why can Koodo not offer a supplement plan like Telus?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why does it need to be a stand alone plan? Why can Koodo not offer a supplement plan like Telus?

There's a lot that goes into the backend to make that work. As well there needs to be something to differentiate the brands. If koodo did offered everything telus did then there would be no need for the two different companies. One of the reasons Koodo is cheaper is because they don't go as in depth as Telus would with their offerings.