Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cell service up in Fort McMurray/MacKay Alberta

Hi, I need a cell service that works in fort mcMurray and Fort McKay Alberta. Does Koodo use telus towers in that region? Will I get bounced off in favor of telus customers when congested?

8 replies

Userlevel 3
According to the coverage map you should be fine. http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/coverage-maps
Userlevel 7
Koodo is Telus. Koodo uses nothing but Telus towers. And yes, you will have service/reception in those areas. I've never heard of anyone being bounced off in favour of a Telus customer, so you don't need to worry. You can check the coverage map yourself if you'd like as well. Just enter the city name in the search under the map 🙂 http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/coverage-maps
Sounds good to me. Thx
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul Jamison wrote:

Sounds good to me. Thx

Note that if you are onsite coverage may be spotty in certain areas. I had very weak signal up at Syncrude's Aurora mine in a specific spot, but further south at Mildred lake I was fine all over site
Paul Jamison wrote:

Sounds good to me. Thx

my colleague's all have telus and have pretty good coverage when we are on most lease locations, whereas my current rogers (speakout) is spotty at best. So im hoping this koodo (telus) will be the same as theirs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul Jamison wrote:

Sounds good to me. Thx

Surprisingly I have had better coverage out there with Rogers. But if your friend have telus also then your coverage with Koodo should be exactly the same as theirs with a similar phone
Userlevel 5
Paul Jamison wrote:

Sounds good to me. Thx

Your one of the very few people I have ever heard say that Dennis. Last I had looked at the tower maps, rogers had some towers in Ft Mac itself, but only Telus really got up into the camps and north of town.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul Jamison wrote:

Sounds good to me. Thx

Im just basing this on my experience (which was 3 years ago). To be fair my Rogers phone was 2G and my Telus phone was 3G. That might make a difference coverage - wise too.