Koodo Community

Community

Solved

CDMA phone for Northern Manitoba

Hi Koodo, I am currently living in Snow Lake, Manitoba. We only have CDMA of MTS here. Do you guys have any phone would work for the region? I can't find it on your website. Can I use Motorola milestone from Verizon and activate it with Koodo? Will that work in Snow Lake, MB? Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No the Motorola Milestone won't work on Koodo. Koodo only has CDMA coverage in Snow Lake Manitoba so the only phone that will work from Koodo is BlackBerry Curve 9320 https://shop.koodomobile.com/koodo-cell-phones/blackberry/blackberry-curve-9320/prodKHBB9320.html Since the CDMA network is all that's available for you that's your only option with koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

No the Motorola Milestone won't work on Koodo. Koodo only has CDMA coverage in Snow Lake Manitob...

I think you mean the 8530, the 9320 is an HSPA phone.

No the Motorola Milestone won't work on Koodo. Koodo only has CDMA coverage in Snow Lake Manitob...

I got the motorola milestone off verizon. I know it is cdma for sure. My question would be if it can be programmed with koodo and how?
Userlevel 7

cdma devices only work with their original carriers and cannot be unlocked so it will not work with koodo. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You are correct Timo the 8530 my bad
Userlevel 6
eBay is probably your best bet, but you can pick up some pretty good deals on some Koodo CDMA phones. http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3872.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.Xlg+shine+koodo&_nkw=lg+shine+koodo&_sacat=0&_from=R40
Chris Petersens wrote:

eBay is probably your best bet, but you can pick up some pretty good deals on some Koodo CDMA pho...

I dont know the phone type to search. It keeps giving me hspa phones 😞