Koodo Community

Community

Carryover unused data or minutes at the end of each month

Some carriers in the US have services such as this. As customers, we are basically buying the minutes and data that we can spend every month, why not let it carry over unto the next month if we have not used it? Just a thought.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's a great idea. It will be nice if monthly plan has roll over. But if you are on Prepaid plan, your add-on Talk Minutes and Data will carry over to next month (If you renew your base plan) 😛
Userlevel 7
Koodo prepaid has this; boosters don't expire until they're used up as long as your base plan is kept intact. Sounds like a good idea for postpaid/billing but if they did this, what if the principle applied to other things? Think of it this way: Does your internet service provider rollover your bandwidth to the next month if you don't use all of it? If you have a car loan, does your bank give you a discount on the monthly payment equal to the days you don't drive your car? Does your insurance company reimburse you or roll over your coverage if you don't get into an accident or don't make a claim?
Userlevel 5
Jonathan I wrote:

Koodo prepaid has this; boosters don't expire until they're used up as long as your base plan is ...

And I also believe that Koodo Prepaid is the only one that has roll over minutes. Every other postpaid and prepaid does not.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Koodo prepaid has this; boosters don't expire until they're used up as long as your base plan is ...

And this has been mentioned before and marked as 'Not planned'
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Jonathan, you're right on the car loan part, but my insurer does give me lower premiums for not getting into an accident and 1 1/2 at-fault accident forgiveness because of my driving record. And my ISP does roll over my bandwidth in a way (my cap is 300 GB - if I use only 100 one month, I'll have 500 the next). The catch is that they don't carry over indefinitely but rather my ISP averages my last 2 months of usage and bills me extra only if the sum of that usage exceeds 600 GB). Koodo doesn't have to offer this, but I support the idea.
Jonathan I wrote:

I agree that they should at least try to give back to their loyal customers in some way! I just found out that there is a plan out from koodo that's $28 and it's just a tiny bit better than the plan I've been on for years ($29) . Doesn't sound like a big deal but I have friends who talk about how their phone companies always try to have their backs in some way when it comes to that stuff. I feel like koodo is turning more and more into blood sucking leeches, just like all the rest. I went to their website, amd for customer service , if you call them to change something for you, you're charged $10!!!! For them to do their Jobs!!!! Like, WTF?!?! What are they getting paid for , if not to help their customers when needed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

You only get charged $10 if it is proven something you can do yourself. If you can't do it then you arent charged. It is to keep simple questions away from the phone lines to have lower hold times. You can contact Koodo via facebook or twitter for free. Koodo is very much a self serve company which allows them to keep their prices low. Yes you get charged $10 for certain things but you are paying into that fee if you go with "non self serve" companies like Telus.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

You can phone for free, too, Allan. The fee is charged for an employee completing certain tasks, no matter the form of contact.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

David, I stated that in the first line. I guess i could've worded the second part as "You will never get charged for contacting Koodo through Facebook or Twitter"
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

@k0chana please create a new thread next time rather than reviving an old thread.
Jonathan I wrote:

@titaniumtux , lol or I'll do what I want and you can stfu? Thank you! Just because you said that, I'm going to comment on this thread over and over and over again for the next few years . Mad?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

There's no need to be mad, Koodo will probably just lock the thread. Let's not argue over trivialities,there is enough real stuff to worry about already 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

@k0chana
You can try that.
But if you keep adding unnecessary comments here, then this post will be removed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

If you plan on commenting for the next few years (I applaud your level of commitment), I'd humbly suggest that you branch out onto other threads. This way, your participation may earn you a spot on the Mobile Masters team (along with all of the perks of such a position).

You'd generally have to respond sooner than 4 months to be eligible, but we'll help you along the way.