Koodo Community
Solved

Cant find $50 /9g b plan

• 25 August 2020
  • 13 replies

Is the $50 plan for 9 gb sold out? How can I order this? Would like to purchase today.

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 25 August 2020, 21:28

You either activate a new account/ line or upgrade your phone.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You either activate a new account/ line or upgrade your phone.

Does that mean I have to buy a phone from them? I have my own device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does that mean I have to buy a phone from them? I have my own device.

Yes.  if you are a current customer, you can get the plan if you get a new phone on Tab

What about this plan? I see it back on the website now. 

$50 per month+ applicable monthly tab charge

9 GB of Shock-Free™ data.1,2

Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes

Unlimited messaging (text & picture)3

Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting and Conference Calling

Additional data $10/100 MB$40 connection fee (including SIM card) applies when purchased in store$0 connection fee (including SIM card) when you order online!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

All promotional plans are for new activation or phone upgrade customers only.

They usually  mentioning about it on drop down.  But, if you don’t see it ( well, I don’t see it on all promo plans),  take a screenshot and contact Koodo to switch to it. Tell them there is no mentioning about new activation/upgrade anywhere for those promo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What about this plan? I see it back on the website now. 

$50 per month+ applicable monthly tab charge

9 GB of Shock-Free™ data.1,2

Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes

Unlimited messaging (text & picture)3

Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting and Conference Calling

Additional data $10/100 MB$40 connection fee (including SIM card) applies when purchased in store$0 connection fee (including SIM card) when you order online!

Try to see if you an just switch now in self-serve without a tab. If it won't work then do as Mayumi suggested.

I’m confused, yesterday I was able to purchase the plan without adding a new phone to the cart...Is it safe to assume that I can use this SIM card on my own device??

Just want to make sure before we start porting our phone numbers and then they go “oops you need a phone plan”

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m confused, yesterday I was able to purchase the plan without adding a new phone to the cart...Is it safe to assume that I can use this SIM card on my own device??

Just want to make sure before we start porting our phone numbers and then they go “oops you need a phone plan”

Yes you can. If it let you you're good. We've been told you need a tab purchase so it's possible there's a lag time between changing it to match Fido and Virgin not requiring a tab and updating it.

Awesome thank you for the information! ~ 

Can i please do this without getting a new phone? I still have my phone with koodo and it works fine

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can i please do this without getting a new phone? I still have my phone with koodo and it works fine

Unfortunately not. Its only for upgrades and new activations.

Does anyone know how long this promotion will last? my current tab will be payed of next month but i feel like the promotion will be done by then

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does anyone know how long this promotion will last? my current tab will be payed of next month but i feel like the promotion will be done by then

No one know when this promo will be gone.

You don't have to wait till next month to pay off your tab balance.  If you want to upgrade your phone, simple add a phone to the cart. The system will ask you to pay off tab. Then once you agreed with the term, your remaining Tab will be on next month bill. Then you can purchase a new phone and pick a promo plan.

It could be gone by tomorrow or stay here for another week. Who knows.  But, once it's gone, it's gone.