Koodo Community
Question

Cancellation

• 10 September 2022
  • 7 replies

I am very disappointed with the service.  The terms I signed on to were unlimited use of any kind.  I am now getting billed for “extra” usage.  I’m going to change to a new provider and can find any way to speak with someone to query why my terms have changed.

Otherwise, I’m quite happy with the service, but wow??? no way to speak to anyone?  Afterall, Koodo is in the “communication” business!

Pat

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What exactly were you charged extra for?

Unlimited use of any kind is a broad term, and it's definitely not the case 😊 For example, calling abroad, roaming and data overage all cost extra.

Hi Sophia, thanks for getting back to me so promptly!

I was told unlimited data, free North American long distance. And my call waiting, call display, voicemail, etc. were free.  They appear to be. It’s the data issue that is not right.  These were the terms I was offered when I moved from  PC ( Presidents Choice) to Koodo. 

and, my bill varies…every three months it is $82++ dollars but only the usual billing rate is charged, as far as I can tell.  I can’t seem to get this fixed. 

thanks very much for your help Sophia.

Pat

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you post a screenshot of your plan details please? You can mask any personal information.

As far as I know Koodo doesn't offer unlimited data, but they keep changing things so I might be wrong too 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Pat Grant The plan you signed up for is below:

Indeed it comes with unlimited nationwide calls. Not data. The extra charge on your bill this month is because you made a call to the US on September 4th. If you download your bill you will see the details the place and phone number called.  I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

"I was told unlimited data, free North American long distance. And my call waiting, call display, voicemail, etc. were free."

I'm curious who offered this plan?  Was it the door to door salesman or the store?    Koodo never offered unlimited data and NorthAmetic calling plans...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mayumi There is no such plan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mayumi There is no such plan. 

@Bernard Koodo  I know there is no such plan. That's why I was wondering who offered it to OP.

It could be his/her misunderstanding or a sales person gave them false information.