Koodo Community
Solved

Canada-Wide Promotional Data Plans* - seems to me the foot notes don't match

Canada-Wide Promotional Data Plans* - seems to me the foot notes don't match https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/cheap-cell-phone-plans-in-canada/canada-wide-promotional-data-plans-/c99999906-c99999907-cCanadaWideDataPlans-p0.html If I apply for $30 plan, do I have to pay additional $0.05 for each MB?

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 1
Hmmm.. You're right! They don't seem to line up properly... 1. I'm sure someone at Koodo will see this, flag it and get it fixed soon. 2. Yes, the data overage charge is 5c/MB for any additional data you use over the 100MB quota included in your plan. A great app that many of us here on the Community use and suggest for monitoring and even force-disabling data when we reach our limit is an app called 3G WatchDog.
Thanks Mo. I see " Incoming Text Messages Free " Does it apply when I travel?
Userlevel 5
Thanks Mo. I see " Incoming Text Messages Free " Does it apply when I travel?All incoming text messages are free as long as you are receiving them in Canada, on Koodo's network. So if you are in some other country, on some other network, you will be charged for roaming fees and all those crap.
Userlevel 1
Thanks Mo. I see " Incoming Text Messages Free " Does it apply when I travel?Hey John, I'm pretty sure incoming is always free...
Userlevel 5
Thanks Mo. I see " Incoming Text Messages Free " Does it apply when I travel?omg since when
Userlevel 7
Thanks Mo. I see " Incoming Text Messages Free " Does it apply when I travel?Not outside of Canada, Mo.
Userlevel 1
Yes, incoming texts are always free, even if you travel.... Outgoing is a different story in that (for the $30 plan) it's Unlimited outgoing to wherever you send the message worldwide, as long as you are IN Canada when you send it..... But once you step out of Canadian soil, you need to prepare for roaming charges on outgoing texts.
Userlevel 7
Yes, incoming texts are always free, even if you travel.... Outgoing is a different story in t...It is NOT free to receive incoming texts while you're outside of Canada.
Mo 10 minutes ago Hey John, I'm pretty sure incoming is always free... Nop, See Important changes to standard rates!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hey guys 🙂 just a reminder: Incoming text messages are free but only within Canada, if you leave Canada roaming charges apply, please click here for more info: http://koo.do/Im7Mcg
Userlevel 5
Hey guys 🙂 just a reminder: Incoming text messages are free but only within Canada, if you leave...I knew it.
Userlevel 1
Hey guys 🙂 just a reminder: Incoming text messages are free but only within Canada, if you leave...Oops. My bad.
Userlevel 1
Defintely this promotional is valid from October 18/2012 - November 22/2012plan it has Unlimited messaging (text and picture) in Canada of course - 75 minutes included anytime and free incoming outgoing calls from 7pm - 8am with 100 MB - Overage: 5 ¢/MB
Userlevel 3
What if I want to receive voice calls, but not text??
Userlevel 3
What if I want to receive voice calls, but not text?? I just verified the Bell and Fido do not charge for incoming text messages while in the U.S. At worst, they charge the same as you would pay in Canada. $0.60 to receive a text in the U.S. is not normal. It seems that Koodo is for the Customer on the surface, but there ARE hidden charges that may surprise you.
Do you mean voicemail?