Koodo Community

Community

Canada wide plans...on par


Saskatchewan and Manitoba have a Canada Wide Voice and Data promo for 55$ that includes 6GB of data and everything else Unlimited. Time for Koodo to offer this in Ontario and other Provinces!!

24 replies

Userlevel 5
They have those plans available for Saskatchewan and Manitoba due to those regional competitors. Unfortunately, those competitors don't exist in other provinces so the deal isn't for everyone.
Userlevel 7
John Lee wrote:

They have those plans available for Saskatchewan and Manitoba due to those regional competitors. ...

yeah i agree with john
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Lee wrote:

They have those plans available for Saskatchewan and Manitoba due to those regional competitors. ...

That's the explanation, but there's no excuse. Competitive pricing in certain markets only doesn't build customer loyalty in others.
John Lee wrote:

They have those plans available for Saskatchewan and Manitoba due to those regional competitors. ...

Sounds like John works for Koodo. Fair is fair. A customer is a customer. We are already getting gouged as Canadians with the Wireless market compared to the US.
Userlevel 2
John Lee wrote:

They have those plans available for Saskatchewan and Manitoba due to those regional competitors. ...

Try compared to Europe. Europe has way better rates than North America.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Lee wrote:

They have those plans available for Saskatchewan and Manitoba due to those regional competitors. ...

John doesn't work for Koodo. Mobile Masters cannot be Koodo employees.
Userlevel 5
John Lee wrote:

They have those plans available for Saskatchewan and Manitoba due to those regional competitors. ...

I don't work for Koodo. I just state the facts so people are aware of them. Personally, I want amazing plans like that as well available for my area but I'm fine with my current plan at the moment so I'm not complaining.
John Lee wrote:

They have those plans available for Saskatchewan and Manitoba due to those regional competitors. ...

The day this plan is available across Canada is the day Hell freezes over, or Verizon comes to town with very aggressive pricing. This is too much of a cut to shareholders' profits for these publicly traded companies.
Userlevel 6
John Lee wrote:

They have those plans available for Saskatchewan and Manitoba due to those regional competitors. ...

About that Verizon thing. Sorry, dude.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I TO HAVE A DREAM !!!! That lower prices will span across this great land & become available to every man, woman & child who walk upon Canadian Soil from coast to coast....... Seriously though that would be awesome, + 1
Userlevel 3
It's about time Koodo start looking at Northern Ontario as a market. Tbay Tel has a hammer lock on this whole region. Can't Complete $50 unlimited everything 6GB of data with new activations and new customers. $60 at 1gb? Doesn't even compare!
Userlevel 7
Rocky Balboa wrote:

It's about time Koodo start looking at Northern Ontario as a market. Tbay Tel has a hammer lock o...

No offence but if the deal is so great, why dont you switch?
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

It's about time Koodo start looking at Northern Ontario as a market. Tbay Tel has a hammer lock o...

I got an EPP with koodo that's the only reason why I don't switch. If I ever stop my employment as Koodo I Def will be on Tbay Tel in a heartbeat!
Userlevel 6
Although I too think it'd be nice, we need to come to the general conclusion here that this very topic has been beaten to death, brought back to life, beaten again, burned, buried and nuked... twice. In light of this, I do not think Koodo (with Telus pulling the strings) will offer this plan in every province. And once they reach their market share goal in those lucky provinces, they'll probably retire that plan altogether.
Userlevel 7
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

Although I too think it'd be nice, we need to come to the general conclusion here that this very ...

I agree. This needs to die already. Koodo has made it perfectly clear by their response that they are not interested in bringing any REAL competition to the other provinces.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

Although I too think it'd be nice, we need to come to the general conclusion here that this very ...

I don't think that the discussion needs to go away. On the contrary, I think it needs resurrecting every time a region-specific promo plan is announced.
I agree that this topic does NOT need to go away. I think the price difference is ridiculous. Canada is Canada. Just think of how many NEW customers Koodo would get if they offered the Ontario market the same deals as out west! If Koodo wants to lead the market, why don't THEY become the company to compete with? Wouldn't it be good for the ego to hear your competitors say "We just can't compete with Koodo because they're so so damn awesome!" Just sayin...
Connie P. wrote:

I agree that this topic does NOT need to go away. I think the price difference is ridiculous. C...

Exactly
Userlevel 6
I appreciate everyone's input here, and I also never said the discussion needed to go away. I simply stated that the subject had already been covered more times than I can remember. And as sad as it may sound, all this doesn't change the fact that Koodo made it clear they would [i]not bring this goodness to the other provinces. And us discussing it, although welcomed, won't change anything. Anyone remember the "Bring back per-second billing" thread many months back? It had support from just about everyone in here, and many were very vocal about it. Did we get it back in the end? Sadly, no 😞 All I'm saying is that we just may be beating a dead horse. Nothing wrong with that, just don't get your hopes too high.
Userlevel 3
Based on what you're saying are you saying koodo as a prejudice against other provinces and promos? Don't get me wrong but koodo if ever to provide promos as you say (won't change anything). Will leave a sour taste for Ontario customers especially!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Based on what you're saying are you saying koodo as a prejudice against other provinces and promo...

Koodo is doing what ever is required to stay competitive in every region. Due to increased competition in MB/SK/QC Koodo had to present a more competitive price. This was the competition the Harper Government tried to create, but failed
Userlevel 6
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Based on what you're saying are you saying koodo as a prejudice against other provinces and promo...

Exactly as Dennis said Rocky. It has nothing to do with whether or not Koodo likes or dislikes a province, they simply want as high an ARPU as they can get, as is with every other carrier. They want to compete with SaskTel and MTS in the places SaskTel and MTS are offered, nothing more. Right now, that means MB and SK. This is why you don't see those plans in ON, AB, BC, etc... Wind/Mobi are present in those provinces, but the Big3 (sadly) don't see them as worthy competitors, so they don't bother offering something comparable, based on the fact that the Rogers and Bellus networks are mature and solid, more so than Wind's or Mobi's (so they know they can get away with much higher pricing).
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Based on what you're saying are you saying koodo as a prejudice against other provinces and promo...

Regardless, the KOODO community, the faithful subscribers, are saying..."What gives" Show us the love! PAY ATTENTION KOODO! Resting on one's laurels can take you from the top to the bottom in no time.....remember crackberry.....
Userlevel 6
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Based on what you're saying are you saying koodo as a prejudice against other provinces and promo...

I'm not saying we should stop talking/discussing about it either, in fact, I've been vocal myself more times than I can count about issues like this one. However, I'm keeping my expectations low, for obvious reasons. I'm as sad as the guy next door that we don't get better rates (who wouldn't!), I'm simply stating possible reasons as to [i]why we don't get them, using my own observations and reading other people's opinions! 🙂 With that out of the way, let's resume the discussion!

Reply