Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Canada-wide plan, charge on receiving calls outside home base?

OK. I understand that with a Canada-wide plan, I can call anywhere in Canada from anywhere in Canada without being charged long distance as long as I stay within the bucket minutes limit. What about incoming calls outside of home base? Would I be charged long distance for calls received outside home base? If I have unlimited incoming calls with the Canada-wide plan, does it mean I can receive unlimited free incoming calls when I'm away from home base?

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Canada is your home base... You're never charged for incoming calls....it's just regular airtime. If you have unlimited Canada wide, then you never have to worry about Canadian LD.
Let me get this straight, mattjs: If I have 400 anytime minutes and unlimited incoming calls, I can call anywhere in Canada from anywhere for 400 minutes without incurring LD charges and Receive unlimited phone calls from anyone in Canada no matter where I am. Is that correct?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
P Smith wrote:

Let me get this straight, mattjs: If I have 400 anytime minutes and unlimited incoming calls, ...

Yes, correct 🙂 Enjoy your plan 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
P Smith wrote:

Let me get this straight, mattjs: If I have 400 anytime minutes and unlimited incoming calls, ...

Oh just to make it 100% clear: [i]as long as you are in Canada should be emphasized... outside of Canada (if you yourself travel outside of Canada) you incur roaming charges both for outgoing and incoming calls!
Userlevel 7
P Smith wrote:

You can actually receive unlimited calls from anyone in THE WORLD as long as you are in Canada
P Smith wrote:

Thanks for the reminder, Ahmad.
Reference my last post, No charges for those scenarios as long as I am in Canada, even when away from home base.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
P Smith wrote:

Reference my last post, No charges for those scenarios as long as I am in Canada, even when a...

Sounds like a miracle doesn't it? Yet it's true... one of the reasons why I picked Koodo 🙂
Userlevel 2
P Smith wrote:

Reference my last post, No charges for those scenarios as long as I am in Canada, even when a...

Bingo.
P Smith wrote:

Thanks to mattjs and Sophia. Now I am ready to switch to the Easter promotion plan and save more on mobile phone charges. Kudo to Koodo.