Koodo Community
Question

can you disable calling out pr in on a phone plan?

• 10 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Can you take calling off of a phone plan so a child can call out or get calls in? As my son decided to run my bill up to almost 2g by calling a gaming friend in the states. So I wanna know if I can only have data and texting on his phone.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately there is no way to disable Talk. 

Clearly your son is unable to be responsible enough to carry a phone.  I would move his plan over to prepaid.  With prepaid, you are unable to incur overages and long distance calling would not be possible without a long distance talk booster purchased first

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans

His phone is still on the tab till sept. In order to switch it to pay as you go I would have to pay it off in full right? Also would he be able to keep the same number or have to get a new one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

His phone is still on the tab till sept. In order to switch it to pay as you go I would have to pay it off in full right? Also would he be able to keep the same number or have to get a new one?

Yes to switch to prepaid, it is similar to switching to a new provider so your tab will need to be paid off.

Yes you can port your Koodo postpaid number to Koodo prepaid.

Ok thank you. Once Christmas is over I'll pay off his tab and put him on pay as u go but until then no phone for him lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you ask your son to contact his friends through apps on Wifi?

My kids are communicating their friends in USA with Messenger or WhatsApp. ( They said they don’t like using microphone on PS or Xbox)   So, it doesn’t cost me extra as long as they are connecting our home wifi.  
Also, they are not using call function, there is no worry about minutes overage or long distance charge.