Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can you add texting to the US to these plans? At what cost?

US texting

5 replies

Userlevel 6
All the plans come with international text.
Cheers !~
I thought texting was only within Canada. Where does it says international texting is included? There must be a charge for it.
Userlevel 6
Ester wrote:

I thought texting was only within Canada. Where does it says international texting is included? T...

As long as the text is sent from canada it is free.
You can text to the US or anywhere else for free.

Includes international text messages sent and received anywhere in Canada. Availability of service will vary by country and is subject to change without notice. Excludes premium and subscription-based messages. Additional data charges apply depending on picture size when roaming in the U.S. and internationally. Picture messaging is supported by BlackBerry smartphone with a SIM card only if a BlackBerry is added to a Koodo plan or a Koodo data plan is chosen. Picture messaging works only if data is turned on.

https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans
Userlevel 7
Ester wrote:

I thought texting was only within Canada. Where does it says international texting is included? T...

Hi Ester,

If you are a monthly customer, then all rate-plans include international messaging. Unless you are on one of the first ever Koodo plans. To confirm, log into self serve, click on View Rate Plan, and from there you should be able to see the details on what your rate plan comes with. You should see something along the lines of International Text Messaging or International SMS. 
Thanks Mathieu and Mitchell for your help.