Community

Question

can we use it as high speed internet as well for the home phone

Can i use that home phone as an internet connection

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Cardin,

In order to use internet, you don't need a phone. Just a phone connection (the weird plug in the wall).
Like my Kodoo mobile phone, i can use the mobile phone with my laptop (limited to 2G) as a modem.  Could i not do the same with the home phone you are proposing
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
P Cardin wrote:

Like my Kodoo mobile phone, i can use the mobile phone with my laptop (limited to 2G) as a modem....

The Koodo wireless home phone plan does not include data and is meant for voice calling only.
Userlevel 6
P Cardin wrote:

Like my Kodoo mobile phone, i can use the mobile phone with my laptop (limited to 2G) as a modem....

@P Cardin: The Koodo wireless home phone is a wireless voice service only. This means that if you were to put that SIM card into a smartphone or data hub/hotspot, it would not work. The wireless home phone cannot be used for dial-up internet (or fax/point of sale/etc.), and cannot be used for mobile broadband data because it's disabled on the home phone plan.
For high speed, I recommend grabbing internet through an ISP either DSL or cable, but if you have to go wireless, you can get a data only plan from certain carriers.
Right now, Virgin and Fido have the 3 GB for $15 per month data only (tablet) plan off the wireless network.
Hope that helps.
How about as a dial up line connecting to a data service internet

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
P Cardin wrote:

It may be possible, but I wouldn't count on it. It's really not what it's designed for.
Userlevel 6
P Cardin wrote:

@P Cardin: as mentioned, no dice on dial-up. Dial-up only works on traditional, analogue phones with the wireline incubents (Telus/Sasktel/MTS/Bell).