Koodo Community

Community

Solved

can the credit card name and account name be different

i want my mom to vouch for the account but put my visa debit to pay as i am not 18 yet i need her to be the account holder, can i do that and could she request transcripts?

5 replies

In that case you can call koodo client care and transfer the ownership of the account to her, aslo you have the option to pay directly at the bank with your mom and just providing your billing account number 🙂
Userlevel 7
Note: keep in mind that if you pay through the bank regardless if you have the account number, your bank still has a hold on funds for 3-5 business days, so if you use that method be sure to do that a few days before your bill is due to ensure your bill is paid.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Note: keep in mind that if you pay through the bank regardless if you have the account number, yo...

You can pay directly by visa debit now. The payment is instant so no waiting/processing time. He can always pay through actual online banking, but there really is no point with visa debit
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Note: keep in mind that if you pay through the bank regardless if you have the account number, yo...

That's true too, I don't use a visa debit, so I wouldn't have thought of that, thanks for mentioning it 🙂
Userlevel 7
As long as the billing address is the same as the card, it's no problem.