Koodo Community

Can't Receive text overseas

Hi,

I am trying to receive a text on my phone for a one time password, but I just got back to Australia, so I am not receiving any text on my koodo sim.  I have tried to finding the International voice roaming, but have not been able to find it. I have also tried to select easy roam and its come up with an error. i have attached a picture of the error. Please help me receive texts from Canada. thanks
Matt

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Mattshez We just added the roaming features (including Easy Roam).

Please remove your Koodo SIM card and put it back in and test the services (after connecting to a local provider in the phone settings).

With Easy Roam ON you will be charged $13/day while in international destinations (outside Canada and USA).

Services that trigger the daily fee are incoming and outgoing calls, outgoing messages, using cellular data and listening to voicemail messages.

You will find more info on Easy Roam here: http://koo.do/2y8MVxA .

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the quick reply Dennis, this is the options I'm given for network mode. Could that be the issue?

My self serve account looks fine to me. Should I be looking for something specific or maybe try to change plans to see if it does anything. 

Kind regards

Matt

Did you try to restart your device? How about resetting your network settings? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a postpaid customer?

If you are a prepaid customer, you can't use your phone in Australia.

If you are a postpaid customer, the International voice roaming should be included as add- on already.     

And you see the "Easy Roam" under the " Manage add-on", but give you error when you tried to add it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should be able to add easy roam but Oh that's a weird error. 

Let me flag this to a rep for you 

Hi all,

Thanks for your help

However still not successful. 

I am on a monthly plan

Trying to get easy roam it has the same error

I am trying to connect to mobile network with the sim and it comes up with a message I will attach a picture for. The Vodafone network comes up with a different message - " unable to connect, try later"

Doesnt seem to be the phone as it works fine with my new Australian sim

Thanks @Cristian Koodo @Dennis @Mayumi 

Hopefully you can help me figure this out

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's weird. When you login to self serve, does your account look alright? Does your plan and add-ons look out of sorts?

Is your network mode set To LTE/WCDMA/GSM (autoconnect) 

Thanks for the quick reply Dennis, this is the options I'm given for network mode. Could that be the issue?

My self serve account looks fine to me. Should I be looking for something specific or maybe try to change plans to see if it does anything. 

Kind regards

Matt