Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can someone give me an answer please?

Hi everyone! I am fairly new here at Koodo, and I have a question and Im not sure if you guys can answer it but I switched my plan today (i have 9 days left till my new cycle starts) and when I called Koodo I spoke to two different employees about how much prorated usage I have till then both of them gave me different answers. One told me I had 120 anytime mins and 307 mb(data)n to use till my new cycle and the other one told me I had 134 anytime mins and 340 mb of data. Who do I listen to as I do not want to go over this. Also, any reason why my self serve hasn't update my usage to the $45 plan it still showing the usage of my old plan. Any imput is appreciated! Thanks 🙂

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Data doesn't get prorated. Don't ask why, but it's the only feature that doesn't. What is your billing close date? what is the old plan? what is the new plan?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Data doesn't get prorated. Don't ask why, but it's the only feature that doesn't. What is your ...

old plan - double datat 60 new plan - double data 45 bill goes till the 10th and restarts on the 11th of each month thanks Timo!
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Data doesn't get prorated. Don't ask why, but it's the only feature that doesn't. What is your ...

I wonder why they would tell me it does get prorated?
Userlevel 3
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

THe rep was wrong. Maybe they are new. Timo is right, they don't prorate data. Not the use anyways.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I appreciate your imput guys I hope you are right and I get the 1bg for the rest of my cycle (9 more days) because I have now had 4 CS reps insist that data gets prorated and each given me different estimates on how much data for the rest of my cycle lol its confuzing but I appreciate all your time and help and will trust in my fellow koodo community memebers 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
(400 min/30 days)*10 days left == 133 minutes from now until the end of May 10th. The 120 minutes that the other agent gave you would be if the plan changed on May 2nd instead of the first. Sounds like they forgot to count today as the first day.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

(400 min/30 days)*10 days left == 133 minutes from now until the end of May 10th. The 120 minu...

Okay thanks for all your help. As for the data im still confused and i probably wont use any until my new cycle starts just to be safe because I just called a spoke to a third agent who insisted that data is prorated and i get 550 mb till my next cycle lol so I got 3 different estimates
Userlevel 4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

(400 min/30 days)*10 days left == 133 minutes from now until the end of May 10th. The 120 minu...

Ignore the data proration. As Timo said, data is the only fetaure that doesn't get prorated. As for the people who told you otherwise....I cannot say where they got that information from
Ok thank you both!