Koodo Community
Question

Can someone assure me about the phone upgrade without lost add on?

• 2 October 2020
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1

Can someone from koodo tell me if I upgrade the phone , will I lost the existing add on ?

I choose self serve -->get a new phone --> “keep my plan “ but it doesnt show the existing add on in the order summary page .  Will the upgrade phone result remove the existing add on ?  someone from koodo verify this please. 

18 replies

Userlevel 7

A phone upgrade only, not associated with a change of your current plan, should not affect your existing add-ons. For some new phones, you may need to have new add-ons in order to use some of their features (e.g. Wi-Fi calling)

Would appreciate input from a  subject matter expert mobile master, to make the response more official. tnx

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Confirmed 🙂 If you keep the same plan, you get to keep it including all existing add-ons that you have.

Only if you change your plan it's not guaranteed.

I would suggest you take a screenshot of your add-ons, so if something does go wrong, you can request for Koodo to restore it for you.

Userlevel 1

Have read lots of stories that people upgrade their phone using self serve and lost all good add ons . so just want to have some one in koodo tell me whats going to happen? will the add on be removed by Getting a new phone from self serve .

Userlevel 1

Confirmed :) If you keep the same plan, you get to keep it including all existing add-ons that you have.

Only if you change your plan it's not guaranteed.

so, If i select” keep my plan” everything will stay ? Are you sure ? My add ons are old grandfather add on , there will be no way to add them back .:heart_eyes:

Userlevel 1

Also, since i m new to this forum, can i ask how can I find my own topic ? So i can check if any new responseS in here.

Userlevel 7

Just click on your icon and you’ll see all your Q&As

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also, since i m new to this forum, can i ask how can I find my own topic ? So i can check if any new responseS in here.

Tap your icon > Edit profile  > settings > adjust email notification settings.

You will receive email when someone reply to your or your name was mentioned...etc.

Userlevel 1

You will receive email when someone reply to your or your name was mentioned...etc.

Thank u , did it. 
hope i ll get a answer from koodo rep tomorrow

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank u , did it. 
hope i ll get a answer from koodo rep tomorrow

I trust what Sophia has said.  And the advice she gave about taking a screenshot of your current add-ons incase any glitches happen.

If this is not good enough and you want an official work from Koodo, please send Koodo a prviate message via facebook or twitter and a rep can address your question directly.

Userlevel 1

Got response from officials,  weather you “keep your plan” or “change your plan” the old add ons will Be removed.  So, please be aware of this !

Userlevel 7

Thank you for this update!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This never used to be the case. I have asked our official Koodo liaison to confirm if their policies in that regard have changed (you can't get it more official than that).

Stay tuned for the ultimate answer... Probably after the weekend ☺️

Userlevel 1

This never used to be the case. I have asked our official Koodo liaison to confirm if their policies in that regard have changed (you can't get it more official than that).

Stay tuned for the ultimate answer... Probably after the weekend ☺️

You can try, and the adds are your add-ons will be removed . I did a plan change last time and got promised by three reps saying that the add ons will stay, just the plan will be replaced . However, after I click the submit button, guess what , all the add ons are gone. Thankfully, I waited 40 mins on the phone and was able to get the second agent( the first agent told me he didnt know where to retrieve my old add on) got my old add on back.  Hope koodo develop a reliable system that does what it supposed to do.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh wait, but now you’re talking about a plan change. With that, all bets are off, because some add-ons are plan specific and when you change your plan, the add-on can indeed drop off without being able to place it back.

Before, you talked about upgrading your phone while keeping the same plan. In that case, the add-ons you had with that plan will stay.

Userlevel 1

Oh wait, but now you’re talking about a plan change. With that, all bets are off, because some add-ons are plan specific and when you change your plan, the add-on can indeed drop off without being able to place it back.

Before, you talked about upgrading your phone while keeping the same plan. In that case, the add-ons you had with that plan will stay.

So, this time , I do it very very carefully, I called them , and was asked that “ what are the add ons you like to keep “ even you select “keep my plan” the add ons will be removed , but they can add some of them back manually  but those old ones they just could not , cuz they are no longer in their system .

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well the question is still outstanding with Koodo, so we’ll hear soon how and what.

Out of curiosity, what was the add-on that you currently have with your plan and would like to keep?

Userlevel 1

Bonus Long distance call Mins

data bonus

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There are several threads regarding various add-ons. I would suggest you could search the forum and see if there was a similar case.

AFAIK, Koodo doesn’t have an official statement for all add-on. Some add-ons will stay, some won’t. Some add-on will change price if you change your plan. And there were  add-ons that you need to contact Koodo and ask a rep to confirm and ask them to put it back after changing plan.….