Koodo Community
Solved

Can not select BYOD plans with $0 tab

• 15 August 2020
  • 6 replies

I have not been able to change to any BYOB plan for many months.  This is very frustrating and I only get automated hell, or reps that say they can not see my plans. I feel I am being forced move my phone numbers to Public mobile and back to Koodo to fix the bugs in the self service system.

I have always bought my own phone when a tab was required built a positive tab, then switched to BYOB when it became available. 

I called about this last billing cycle and they zeroed my positive tab and I have a credit larger bonus tab on phone purchases. 

I have hoped the zero tab would have resolved the issue, but it is the start of the billing cycle and it has not.

I am a monthly customer and I have two phone lines and I have the problem on both. 

If I do not login I see under Shop Plans BYOB in Ontario a $55 6GB promotion plan.

If I login I see under Shop Plans no BYOB plans under either line, only plans with tabs.

If I login and goto Change My Plan I can only get options to change to $60 8GB or $40 1GB, briefly, then the screen is set to all black.

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 15 August 2020, 20:49

$55 6GB promotion plan is available for new activation or phone upgrade.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

$55 6GB promotion plan is available for new activation or phone upgrade.

Sorry all you are correct, I miss read that

So if I have to move to  Public mobile and returned to Koodo to get it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry all you are correct, I miss read that

So if I have to move to  Public mobile and returned to Koodo to get it.  

Technically yes. 

But, what plan do you have? Do you want to keep your number? If so, you have to port your number to PM and open an account with Koodo again and port number back in…

And it seems you have "positive" tab balance?   I thought they converted positive tab system to bill credit..   maybe you got personal adjustment...?

If it's positive tab (you can use it for phone upgrade), it will be lost if you cancel your service.

Last month I had a different problem, I could not select BYOD plans because I had a positive tab (tab credit), which is fixed.  I incorrectly assume this was the same problem, but you are correct I missed the detail that the option is only for new subscribers. 

Note there is a remaining self serve problem 

There is still no BYOB plans under Shop plans and Change my Plans causes the screen to go all black after a few seconds.   Change my Plan in the left column never loads my current before going all black.   I think I may not be able to select a plan under Change my Plans.   I will have to wait until a billing cycle with a plan I can switch to and find out, or do the whole port the number back and forth from public mobile.

If I do not login I see BYOD plans under Shop Plans.

If I login I see no BYOD plans under Shop Plans under either line, only plans with tabs.

If I login and goto Change my Plan I can only get options to change to $60 8GB or $40 1GB ($45 under BYOD) , briefly, then the screen is set to all black before the current plan is loaded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you still have self serve problem - like you only see $60 and $40 plans briefly under BYOD and  blacked out... I would contact them

You can set up call back or send them message through FB or Twitter.