Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I use the data on my phone for a tablet when travelling?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Habib,

Depending on your phone, if it supports a feature called "portable hotspot" then yes. You are able to turn your phone into a portable hotspot that shoots out a wireless network that you would then connect to with your tablet. If you tell us your phone model, we can give you better instructions to turn this feature on and configure it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Habib,

Depending on your phone, if it supports a feature called "portable hotspot" then yes. ...

The larger the tablet (or PC), the larger the hit on your mobile data budget will be. Typical mobile data plans are only 1/200's as powerful as landline for the amount you will spend.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Habib,

Depending on your phone, if it supports a feature called "portable hotspot" then yes. ...

Hi Mathieu, Thanks for replying. I use a blackberry curve. And thanks BobtheElcterician. Which tablet would you recommend?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Habib,

Blackberry Playbook if you can find  one!

Still for sale on Amazon.ca
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Habib,

Here is a blackberry link to help you set-up your mobile hotspot:
http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/41695/alk1319566727316.jsp