Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I use a phone from kijiji?

I've found a nice iPhone off kijiji for 150$ and I want to use it with koodo, it's unlocked. Can I continue paying 25$ a month using the iPhone, or do I have to pay 60$? I don't want a data package, I just have heard rumors that if you have an iPhone you have to pay 60$ a month. What's the real deal here? And willihave to pay any additional charges to use an unlocked phone wi koodo?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Tay, Yes you can use it with the current plan you are having right not. And no you don'T need to pay extra to use the unlocked iPhone on Koodo'S network. You just need to buy a new SIM card adapted for the iPhone 4.
Userlevel 1
I told you Tay, you could find cheaper iphone on Kijjiji, so you saved 100$ .. lol
MatB wrote:

I told you Tay, you could find cheaper iphone on Kijjiji, so you saved 100$ .. lol

Exactly!! except i actually saved 150$ since i wouldve paid 250$, so its a good deal
MatB wrote:

i actually haven't bought the phone yet, but ive got some choices off of kijiji for between 100 and 200!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi Tay... Just make sure the phone is operable before you buy it, and If it is a Koodo device, make sure the imei has not been reported lost/stolen... I had several cases where clients wanted to activate an unlocked device bought on the internet, and they couldn't do it since the phone was flagged lost/stolen.
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi Tay... Just make sure the phone is operable before you buy it, and If it is a Koodo device, ma...

yeah, i think im going to go meet the person selling it and check out the phone myself, i dont want to spend 150$ on a phone that has a huge crack or whatever..