Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I transfer a grandfathered plan?

I have a pretty wicked data plan that is too much data for me. A friend wants to take it over because it's not offered anymore; can I transfer it to them and start a new plan?
icon

Best answer by Jonathan I 25 June 2014, 19:35

Call into customer service to request the transfer (give your friend's name) and then your friend can either do it on the same phone call or they can do it within 10 business days. They would need 2 government IDs (passport, DL/provincial photo card, SIN #, Canadian CC, permanent resident card) to do a credit check. If they cannot sustain a Tab, then they'll have to pay it off before accepting the transfer. Keep in mind that the phone # transfers over too, so if you don't want to give it up... then you're stuck.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Call into customer service to request the transfer (give your friend's name) and then your friend can either do it on the same phone call or they can do it within 10 business days. They would need 2 government IDs (passport, DL/provincial photo card, SIN #, Canadian CC, permanent resident card) to do a credit check. If they cannot sustain a Tab, then they'll have to pay it off before accepting the transfer. Keep in mind that the phone # transfers over too, so if you don't want to give it up... then you're stuck.