Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I keep existing phone numbers from my bell plan and split the new Koodo plan into 2 separate plans

I have a shared plan with bell for my wife and daughter. I would like to keep the existing phone numbers and create 2 new separate plans with Koodo

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Certainly that is possible, Fred. You need to open an account with two lines, then port both numbers in. Couldn't be simpler 🙂 You need to visit a kiosk with two pieces of ID and after a credit check, they'll be able to set it up for you.
Userlevel 5
Make sure you guys don't cancel with your Bell account because it needs to be open in order to port the numbers to Koodo. Once you port your number, your Bell account will immediately cancel itself and you should receive a final bill from them.
Thanks, if I want to put the 2 new plans under my wife's and daughters names do they have to be present when this is done, or can I set everything up, including a payment plan without them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
fred derksen wrote:

Thanks, if I want to put the 2 new plans under my wife's and daughters names do they have to be p...

If you are going to be the account holder, they don't have to be present, Fred 🙂 However if they want to make future changes, you would have to be.
Userlevel 7
fred derksen wrote:

Thanks, if I want to put the 2 new plans under my wife's and daughters names do they have to be p...

You can go by yourself to add 2 lines to your account and pick the plans. But you might want to bring your wife and daughter along to see which plans catch their interest. EDIT: My answer applies if you are the account owner as Sophia mentioned 20 seconds before me.