Koodo Community
Question

can i buy phone at walmart but upgrade my plan at same time?

• 9 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello, i am long time Koodo user, my phone is dieing, but the one i like for a new phone is at walmart. I currently have $30/month plan with $10 add on for 2 gb data.

1.  i want to upgrade to the $45 plan that has the 6 GB data, it’ll just be $5 bucks more than what i have for more data. But if i am bringing the phone from walmart onto an existing plan can i do that online? Or do i have to have the walmart person do it for me thereby causing the extra $50.00 activation fee? 

The phone i am looking at is an international capable duel sim Samsung Galaxy A32 6.4" 4G VOLTE | 128GB 4GB RAM | Brand New Unlocked Dual SIM International Version  while my old dieing  phone is an htc desire. 

1.   Also what does it mean by unlimited international messaging? I assume that also includes canada wide texting unlimited correct? 

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
  1. If you upgrade at Walmart, or Koodo kiosk, you would be charged $50. Sometimes, they had promotions to give the $50 credit back but you have to ask them first to confirm. If you want to change your current plan, you could do that with your self-serve without the $50 charge. Follow this https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/changing-your-rate-plan
  2. It meant you can send SMS/MMS to international numbers. And Yes, Canada texting is included.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello, i am long time Koodo user, my phone is dieing, but the one i like for a new phone is at walmart. I currently have $30/month plan with $10 add on for 2 gb data.

1.  i want to upgrade to the $45 plan that has the 6 GB data, it’ll just be $5 bucks more than what i have for more data. But if i am bringing the phone from walmart onto an existing plan can i do that online? Or do i have to have the walmart person do it for me thereby causing the extra $50.00 activation fee? 

The phone i am looking at is an international capable duel sim Samsung Galaxy A32 6.4" 4G VOLTE | 128GB 4GB RAM | Brand New Unlocked Dual SIM International Version  while my old dieing  phone is an htc desire. 

1.   Also what does it mean by unlimited international messaging? I assume that also includes canada wide texting unlimited correct? 

Thanks

I’m not sure if you can change to the 6GB plan on a Tab at Walmart. The only option is to get it online.

According to the Koodo site, it is not available to existing customers looking to switch their plan. You can upgrade to the 8GB plan though. https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans