Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I add Tablet to phone #?

My tablet is phone cabable, I'm on prepaid. Can I add the tablet to my same phone # and use that to talk when I'm useing it?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your tablet takes a SIM card, and if it is capable of calling, then yes, you could insert your prepaid SIM card into it and make calls 🙂 If you meant can you have a second SIM card for tablet use only, then alas, no 😞 That is not possible........
Darn, I was hoping to have two devices on the same phone #. Seems like it should be possible though...
Userlevel 7
Sara Smith wrote:

Darn, I was hoping to have two devices on the same phone #. Seems like it should be possible tho...

Im really curious what tablet you have! a phone capable tablet sounds sweet! also if for some reason the sim doesn't fit in your tablet you can get one for 20. If you do decide to get another sim just remeber to rotate with your old one so the other sim doesn't get deactivated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sara Smith wrote:

Darn, I was hoping to have two devices on the same phone #. Seems like it should be possible tho...

Alas Daniel, that trick does not work for prepaid 😞 (the alternating of SIM cards) - once you've activated another SIM, the old one becomes unusable forever 😞 Sara, your only option is to tether your tablet to your phone. You'd need to carry both, but at least you can use the Internet on your tablet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sara Smith wrote:

Sophia is 100% correct, there is no way to have 2 devices using the same phone # it's just not possible.
Userlevel 7
Sara Smith wrote:

ahh i see 😞 but thank you Sophia 🙂