Koodo Community

Community

Question

Can I add international texting twice in a month?

I am in Mexico. I purchased TXT15 for 75 texts with the understanding that I could simply do it again after I used up the 75 texts. I tried to do it but I am being charged per text now. Please help! I am here for a month and used this up in 3 days!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately international add-ons are not stackable at this point. Because they are 30 days in length it can be only added once per bill cycle. 

Not sure who told you otherwise. Would you pls share? 
Bernard wrote:

Unfortunately international add-ons are not stackable at this point. Because they are 30 days in ...

The wonderful woman at the Koodo kiosk in Halifax when I got my new phone. She was super helpful in setting me up with my new tab, and told me I could update the TXT15 as often as I wanted, advising me it was the best thing for my travels for a month. Perhaps she did not realize this had changed, as she was super knowledgeable about everything else!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want to use more, I would unlock the phone!
Thanks yes, could do that presuming you mean to get a local SIM card. Problem then becomes the person I am texting abroad has to pay international rates to Text me!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jamino wrote:

Thanks yes, could do that presuming you mean to get a local SIM card. Problem then becomes the p...

Not if they are with Koodo. :-) 
jamino wrote:

Thanks yes, could do that presuming you mean to get a local SIM card. Problem then becomes the p...

Ha! True. But alas with Telus. Everyone else I communicate with has wifi so I can use whatsapp, but not this guy ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jamino wrote:

Guess you might have to resort to emailing him, then!
jamino wrote:

Or writing a letter with like a real stamp and envelope
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jamino wrote:

Postcards!!