Koodo Community
Solved

Can I add a second line for someone else and transfer details later?

• 17 January 2021
  • 4 replies

My sister just arrived in Canada as a student and is currently in quarantine. She has no bank accounts/credit cards yet and therefore cannot complete the credit check portion when buying a sim card. Can I buy her a plan  for her and then transfer the details in her name when she’s settled? Not sure how to proceed. Also is there an age limit? She is  18. I vaguely remember it being 19 years ago but I may be mixing things up Any tips will help!

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 17 January 2021, 05:00

Why dont you get her a prepaid account. There is no credit check needed, and Koodo or Public or many other providers offering it.

And it because it's prepaid, she won't need worry about overage charges.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Doing that will put your credit history at risk if she’s not paying her bills and all. 

She is definitely not without funds. I’m just not sure how she can get a sim card without a credit card. She is new in the country and definitely needs one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why dont you get her a prepaid account. There is no credit check needed, and Koodo or Public or many other providers offering it.

And it because it's prepaid, she won't need worry about overage charges.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I second getting a prepaid account. Once she is settled and gets a bank account etc, she can easily get a plan and port het number across. Public Mobile is really good!