Koodo Community
Solved

Can existing customers access current rate plan promotions?

• 24 August 2020
  • 7 replies

I am an existing monthly rate plan customer. When I go into Self Serve and got to Change My Plan, I don’t see the current promotional rate plan  offers ($60/13GB). Does this mean that it is not available to existing customers (much be new customer) or if I pay my Tab off will these promotional plans become available to me? There are rate plans listed to change to but they aren’t the new promo ones so I am thinking that paying off my Tab will not change anything here. 

icon

Best answer by Dinh 24 August 2020, 18:04

Current customers could access to the 5G bonus promotion by upgrading their phone and select the correct plan. The promo wouldn't be available if you only payoff the current Tab. 

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Current customers could access to the 5G bonus promotion by upgrading their phone and select the correct plan. The promo wouldn't be available if you only payoff the current Tab. 

Userlevel 2

Is it the ONLY way To get it these new plans as a current customers? Having to get a new phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it the ONLY way To get it these new plans as a current customers? Having to get a new phone?

New phone or if you arent too attached to your phone number you could add a new line and cancel your current one.

Userlevel 2

New phone or if you arent too attached to your phone number you could add a new line and cancel your current one.

thanks Allan. If i started a new line, could i port my own number to it later?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, you can’t. That’s why he asked “ If you aren’t attached your number”. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should be able to port it to a VoIP service (a fee usually applies), then port it back to Koodo at a later time. You'd still be stuck using a new number for a few days. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well… you can move your number over apparently but it's not a well known thing. You'd have to luck out with a Rep that knows about it at all.

Otherwise you'd have to port out and port back in as Phosoraptor suggested. Fongo charges 25 plus tax, for example. Porting to a prepaid service is also an option but not without costs.