Koodo Community
Question

Calling Nunavut from Ontario

My boyfriend is working in Nunavut, I live in Ontario. I want to know what add-on I can use so it wont cost me a fortune to call him.

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 5
hey Jennifer depening on the plan you have you shouldnt be charged anything extra as your in your local calling area he is not so hes going to get dinged not you
Unless you're a customer from 2010, you should have a Canada Wide plan which would mean long distance calls within Canada don't cost you anything except airtime.
Userlevel 1
I'm not sure if Nonavut has telus/Koodo coverage
Userlevel 5
I'm not sure if Nonavut has telus/Koodo coverageShe never said anything about what her boyfriend is using. She wants to call him from Ontario where Koodo has coverage...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Get the 5 Essentials Add-On and talk until your ear falls off for 10$ a month to up to 5 Canadian numbers on any network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Get the 5 Essentials Add-On and talk until your ear falls off for 10$ a month to up to 5 Canadia...But also everone else is correct if you have a canada wide plan you wont face any additional charges.
Thank you everyone. It states that "Northwest Territories and Yukon are not covered in the My 5." I was just curious because some people consider Nunavut Northwest Territories but it is a seperate province.
Userlevel 1
Thank you everyone. It states that "Northwest Territories and Yukon are not covered in the My 5."...There you go, that was my thinkin too, I was talking to some guys that are heading North and I asked them to call me when they are setteled, the told me that it is very hard to pick any sinal unless if you have a satellite phone that costs 1000 bucks plus service charges, unfortunately they are not rich to get that kind of phones...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Get a skype account for unlimited north American w. hich comes with skype to go, 9 local numbers that can be assigned to call any number in North America. Configure one to call Nunavut number. Then add that number to your 5 numbers unlimited north america is 2.99$ per month. Its how I keep in touch with my family in Florida.
Userlevel 2
Chad do you have to have a credit card to get a skype account setup?
Userlevel 1
Chad do you have to have a credit card to get a skype account setup?If you get skype subscription on your phone, your boy friend will also need skype subscription, if there is no coverage for him there how can he get Internet to be able to use skype or even voice coverage
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad do you have to have a credit card to get a skype account setup?Nope, Skype can use your PayPal acct so you can pay from your bank account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad do you have to have a credit card to get a skype account setup?Sorry mat you're wrong. Skype to go numbers allow you to call anyone in north America from any phone. The other party doesn't need a subscription or internet access as the call is completed over voip to POTS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad do you have to have a credit card to get a skype account setup?http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/features/allfeatures/skype-to-go-number
Userlevel 1
Chad do you have to have a credit card to get a skype account setup?I understand that, but even if Jennifer got a skype account by any means, so, how her boy friend can communicate with her if he will not get coverage up North?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad do you have to have a credit card to get a skype account setup?if the boyfriend has access to a hardline she can specify one of the 9 numbers to that line and if he does have coverage it will work.
Userlevel 1
Chad do you have to have a credit card to get a skype account setup?That will be the best solution to let Jennifer save money and call her boyfriend on his landline !
In Nunavut the only type of cellular phone that will work in the area is Bell. The area code there is 867. Thanks again everyone for your advice, I will be calling his landline from my skype account, much cheaper for the both of us! 🙂