Koodo Community
Solved

Calling a Canadian 800 from abroad?

• 9 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hey I’m in the Middle East right now and need to make a (very long) call to a Canadian 800 number.

How will I be charged for this? Does it fall under easy roam, or am I going to pay some exorbitant per minute fee?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nim4165 9 October 2020, 17:36

No worries then. $12/day and you are off to the races!

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You will incur the regular roaming charges. The number is only free from North America, and even then it would use up your minutes. So yes, it might end up being a very expensive call.

Did you enable easy roam? Edit: oh I see that you did. In that case you would be charged like you were in Canada. Do you have unlimited minutes on your plan?

Userlevel 7

If you do not have Easy Roam , you are most probably better off buying a local SIM and using a calling card for international calls.

You will incur the regular roaming charges. The number is only free from North America, and even then it would use up your minutes. So yes, it might end up being a very expensive call.

Did you enable easy roam? Edit: oh I see that you did. In that case you would be charged like you were in Canada. Do you have unlimited minutes on your plan?

I do have easy roam and I do have unlimited minutes.

If you do not have Easy Roam , you are most probably better off buying a local SIM and using a calling card for international calls.

I do have easy roam and I do have unlimited minutes

Userlevel 7

No worries then. $12/day and you are off to the races!