Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Call forwarding to international number with 1000 long distance minutes

I am traveling to India and will be using local phone number. I will be adding $3/month add-on for call forwarding to my plan. I already have 1000 long distance minutes on my plan which includes India. Will I be charged anything extra apart from my monthly plan +$3 per month or I will be charged any long distance charges for each minute forwarded to my India phone number?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
visiting India has nothing to do with the $3 add-on and your 1000 minutes, Pathik. You will need a roaming addon. See http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/Travelling for the options available to you while you're in India.
Sophia wrote:

visiting India has nothing to do with the $3 add-on and your 1000 minutes, Pathik. You will need ...

Thanks for your reply Sophia, But I will be turning my phone off and call forward to Indian phone number to avoid roaming charges. My trip is about 6 weeks long. So roaming is not a economical option for me. I will buy local number and forward all my Canadian calls to that number. How much will I be charged in that case.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

visiting India has nothing to do with the $3 add-on and your 1000 minutes, Pathik. You will need ...

You can only be forwarded to Canadian numbers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

I don't think you can forward calls to an international number, Pathik, only North American numbers are supported. I'm not sure if there is a way around that... sorry 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Here's more information about prepaid data : http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com

To answer your question, you would need to add the call forwarding add-on!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Original post seems to imply getting a local SIM and number. If that's the case:

Reports here on previous attempts to forward calls outside Canada through Koodo even with the appropriate forwarding and long-distance add-ons have usually ended up being a horror show at billing time even only going as far as the US. Once the call is out-of-country it involves roaming according to Koodo. So I don't recommend this experiment.

You could investigate forwarding your calls to a Canadian-numbered VoIP service then having them do the forwarding to your local number in India.

Callcentric.com can probably forward your calls for about 2 cents a minute US once you have setup a basic plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Original post seems to imply getting a local SIM and number. If that's the case:

Reports here on...

If you set up with a VoIP service and install a client app on your phone like Zoiper, you can also make calls over wifi regardless of your location.

BobTheElectrician wrote:

Reports here on...

Thanks Bob for your guidance.