Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Call Forwarding and Long Distance Charges

I have a Canada Wide long distance plan. If I "call forward" to my landline and receive a long distance call, will I be charged long distance fees or would the Canada Wide plan apply? Thank you, Pauline
icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 10 May 2015, 18:46

IF you have a Koodo Canada-wide plan, call forwarding to any number in Canada is free if you take the $3 a month add-on, regardless of where the call comes from. Somebody calling your cell from Florida doesn't cost you long distance if you answer it on the cell, nor will it when you answer it from your landline. The $3 a month add-on is definitely worth the money. The per-call toll without the add-on adds up very quickly. The opposite is DEFINITELY not good for your budget: forward to a US number and you may be subject to roaming even if you have a long distance package.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
IF you have a Koodo Canada-wide plan, call forwarding to any number in Canada is free if you take the $3 a month add-on, regardless of where the call comes from. Somebody calling your cell from Florida doesn't cost you long distance if you answer it on the cell, nor will it when you answer it from your landline. The $3 a month add-on is definitely worth the money. The per-call toll without the add-on adds up very quickly. The opposite is DEFINITELY not good for your budget: forward to a US number and you may be subject to roaming even if you have a long distance package.