Koodo Community

Call Control Not Working After Plan Change

Changed my plan yesterday. Call Control is no longer listed as an add on on my plan, so I tried to add it and got an automated message telling me that some add-ons can’t be removed (but, again, it’s not listed as being there). If I go to Call Control, it gives me the option to start using it but does not actually do anything when I hit the “start using” button. Seems like I’m stuck in Schrodinger’s call control: it’s both added and not added. How does this get fixed?

Also--SUPER ANNOYED I have to go through this after changing plans.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What happens when someone calls you? Does call control activate? Can you test this out please? 

That’s how I knew it wasn’t working…got a message from a number that’s on the call control list.

Userlevel 3

Hey, @Mad Morrigan!

We just added the call control feature back on your account. Please restart your phone, log out and log back in to self-serve and let us know if everything is ok. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That’s how I knew it wasn’t working…got a message from a number that’s on the call control list.

This seems like something that would require technical support. I flagged a rep to help you out.

Seems to be back up and running--minus my previous authorized and blocked callers lists. Appreciate the quick turn-around but still annoyed this happened in the first place, there should have been a smooth transition, no?

Hey, @Mad Morrigan!

We just added the call control feature back on your account. Please restart your phone, log out and log back in to self-serve and let us know if everything is ok. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Seems to be back up and running--minus my previous authorized and blocked callers lists. Appreciate the quick turn-around but still annoyed this happened in the first place, there should have been a smooth transition, no?

Hey, @Mad Morrigan!

It should be a smooth transition. But with the constant changes to koodo's systems sometimes glitches happen

Hey, @Mad Morrigan!

@Corina Koodo I am having the same issue as OP.  Do i need to create a new post?  I’ve started getting scam CRA calls again since I activated my new phone. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey, @Mad Morrigan!

@Corina Koodo I am having the same issue as OP.  Do i need to create a new post?  I’ve started getting scam CRA calls again since I activated my new phone. Thanks

If call control has disappeared after a plan change, you can send koodo a private message via Facebook or Twitter and a rep can look at adding it back

Changed my plan yesterday. Call Control is no longer listed as an add on on my plan, so I tried to add it and got an automated message telling me that some add-ons can’t be removed (but, again, it’s not listed as being there). If I go to Call Control, it gives me the option to start using it but does not actually do anything when I hit the “start using” button. Seems like I’m stuck in Schrodinger’s call control: it’s both added and not added. How does this get fixed?

Also--SUPER ANNOYED I have to go through this after changing plans.

I have the same problem after a plan change.  Now I am getting calls from VISA fraud security, air duct cleaners and Microsoft support scammers.  How do I get my spam call blocking working again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the same problem after a plan change.  Now I am getting calls from VISA fraud security, air duct cleaners and Microsoft support scammers.  How do I get my spam call blocking working again?

Follow what Dennis said above and a rep should be able to assist you in getting call control back on.