Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Buying Extra Minutes Mid-Month?

Hi! My billing date is 8 days away but I have used up all my minutes. Is it possible to buy extra minutes today to carry me over through the rest of my cycle?

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Joanna, Currently Koodo doesn't have a select add on for just a bucket of minutes. You can add unlimited anytime minutes to your account for $20, keep in mind that the overage rate for minutes is $0.50/minute which can add up pretty quickly, unfortunately those are the options available to you. Also when adding this feature to your account it will continue to be charged to your account if you do not remove it when your next billing cycle starts. Hope that helps answer your question
Thanks Daniel, I appreciate your help!
Daniel, Can I add unlimited minutes to my current cycle or do I have to wait until next cycle?
Userlevel 7
Joanna James wrote:

Daniel, Can I add unlimited minutes to my current cycle or do I have to wait until next cycle?

You can add it at any time. You can only make one billing change per cycle which is why I mentioned about removing it when your next billing cycle starts. Also I forgot to mention that when the Unlimited Anytime Minutes feature is added, you won't need to worry about any additional charges for extra minutes used if you were unaware. Hope that helps 🙂
Joanna James wrote:

Oh awesome, thats great. I use my phone for work and so I wondered if I was going to have to pay 50 cents/min for another week- eek, that would have been bad. Thanks again for your help!
Userlevel 7
Joanna James wrote:

No problem at all 🙂 have a good day
Joanna James wrote:

@Daniel Gunn, only one plan change can be made each billing cycle but unlimited changes allowed for add-ons.
Userlevel 7
Joanna James wrote:

@Hello, that is incorrect as it has been confirmed by a Koodo employee in the thread below. It applies to add ons as well. https://c.getsatisfaction.com/koodo/t...
Joanna James wrote:

I tried it to make sure, right now, just for you: I added two different add-ons (not Unlimited Anytime Minutes) and then removed them. They're completely gone. I know from previous experience that I won't be charged for those add-ons for more than one day. I'm still able to add/remove more add-ons. Unless it is specific to the Unlimited Anytime Minutes add-on, unlimited add-on changes are allowed. Experience vs assumed knowledge; experience wins.
Userlevel 7
Joanna James wrote:

Well what do you know! I'm not trying to start an argument with anybody, I was just going by what has been told to me on here previously, but if it works it works. Thanks for clarifying
Joanna James wrote:

if I add the unlimited anytime minutes for $20.00, does it take effect immediately? I have only 5 days left in my billing cycle, but I need to make a bunch of phone calls and I've reached my plan's limit of 200 minutes. In fact, I might have gone over, don't know how to check that. Would the add-on cover those minutes too?
Joanna James wrote:

:/ I guess not? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joanna James wrote:

Come again? Guess not what exactly ?
Joanna James wrote:

Guess a person can not purchase mins mid month
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joanna James wrote:

You can get an add-on if postpaid allowing for more minutes. It should be prorated for the rest of the month.
Joanna James wrote:

I am a monthly customer but when I tried to add it it wouldn't let me I guess I do not have a big enough plan?? I am a $40 500 min 500 mb I don't usually go through nearly all my minutes but I have this month with still a week to go and calls to come in 😞 super sad because it is going to cost me a fortune and it will cost me $5 to call them 😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joanna James wrote:

Talk to customer support tomorrow if they can do it. Worst case you can also upgrade your plan. Or use Fongo to make and receive calls to ease the burden significantly. There's also Textnow which also gives free sms on top of free calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joanna James wrote:

What error message do you get?  You should be able to add add-on anytime.

If system doesn't allow you to do it, you will need to call in as Goran said. 
*611 from Your Koodo phone(it doesn't use your minutes) option 6 for tech support.
You have to tell them you tried to add minutes-add-on through self serve, but system didn't let you do it. (You should mention them what kind of error message you got)  There is no charge for this call since you tried and couldn't do it.

Joanna James wrote:

Ok Great!! Good to know information from both of you and I will try to give them a call tomorrow. 😉 Thank You both so much!! This isn't something that happens to me regularly it has just been an unusually busy month for phone calls 

Joanna James wrote:

what I found out about fongo is that I would still need to use my data when not at home with wifi. I was able to get the $20 for the rest of the month add on Thank you for all your help :) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joanna James wrote:

That is correct. Are you unable to make calls primarily during wi-fi access? Fongo states they use 0.5MB per minute of talk time for future reference for you to decide what is the most economical / convenient option. We're always glad to help ! 🙂