Koodo Community
Solved

Buying add-ons when Koodo texts you - when does that start?

When do add-ons bought from a text prompt take effect? I thought I was buying 50 additional minutes for the month right away (When I replied "YES" to Koodo asking if I wanted them in a text message), but they didn't get added to my account for almost 2 weeks and I ended up with $17 extra charges for last month.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you still have that text message? Koodo doesn't offer add-ons for additional minutes like "50 min". There are options of the " unlimited incoming calls:$10/mo", and/or the " Unlimited Anytime Minute:$20/mo"
Yes, I still have the message. That's why I bought it through the Text. After getting the offer of 50 minutes for $5, I looked to see if I could just buy it online and there was nothing like that offered.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hmmm, I have never seen that kind of offer... Doesn't it for data? Is it possible to put screen shot here without personal info since this is a public forum. If its saying "50 minutes for $5", I would call Koodo and ask about it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hmm this is really weird. Can you post a screenshot of the text?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi, Sarah. Thank you for a screenshot. If I received text like this, I assume it works right away as soon as I reply "YES" and I believe it should. Is it possible you went over even if they activated/added extra 50 min? Check your e-bill to see your minutes usage information. If you still have doubt about your bill, give them call *611 from your phone(it doesn't use your minutes)
Thank you! I tried calling this morning and customer service wasn't open yet, so I thought I'd check here to make sure that my assumption was correct before I spent more time on the phone.