Koodo Community
Question

buying a phone with a plan as a gift

• 1 November 2020
  • 5 replies

We’re planning on buying an iPhone for my daughter for Christmas with a tab and a 2 year plan. If we buy it now but don’t give it to her until Xmas, does anyone know if we can set the contract start date to Dec 25? Or does it have to start as soon as we buy it??

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It starts immediately and you in fact have to message for a credit of the days from when you ordered to when you receive the Sim and its activated. I'd wait closer to honestly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also, Black Friday is real close so I’d wait to see if there are any deals available then. Most likely there will and they will be better then what is currently offered. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Will your daughter be paying for the phone bill?
Can you buy the phone on your tab instead then she can get a plan afterwards?

Cell phone contracts are not the simplest and really do not make great surprise gifts to get a head of time.

Thanks folks. We decided that she only needs a talk and text plan (she doesn’t need data), so that’s a lot easier to set up. We will buy a phone outright for her. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks folks. We decided that she only needs a talk and text plan (she doesn’t need data), so that’s a lot easier to set up. We will buy a phone outright for her. 

If she only need Talk and Text then you can check their prepaid plan too. It's cheaper than what postpaid currently offering. Also you never get overcharged.

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_PrepaidPlans