Koodo Community

Community

Bring on the Senior Plans

Userlevel 7
As a person who somehow managed to have a member of the opposite sex agree to marry me, I was happy to see that I get along with her mother quite well. So much so that I decided to get her a celluar phone. After a few months we realized she didn't really use it so we took her off monthly plans and put her on Telus prepaid. Why? Well for 10$ a month I can keep her with a cell she can use for emergencies or quick calls.
But aren't I a Koodo Mobile Master? Yes I am but looking at Koodo prepaid, it doesn't fit well into what I need for the Mom in law.
TELUS prepaid fits but It's a pain in the ass to have to buy physical vouchers and having my credit card on file isn't something I'm comfortable with.

I propose Koodp create a seniors monthly plan or prepaid. 50minutes / 50 texts. 10$ per month. SIM only. LIMIT 2 such plans per acct to avoid misuse. Roaming would be limited to emergency calls only.
I guarantee it'll make Koodo number one with the blue hair crowd*

*guarantee has no cash value and actually doesn't exist since it can't be substantiated.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
I agree they should bring back their cheaper Plans. I still have that old 10$ Plan on my Mom's #. She almost never uses it, but for 10$/month it's worth it to keep it instead of worrying about prepaid.
Userlevel 7
John Burke wrote:

I agree they should bring back their cheaper Plans. I still have that old 10$ Plan on my Mom's #...

What's included in that plan?
Userlevel 6
John Burke wrote:

I agree they should bring back their cheaper Plans. I still have that old 10$ Plan on my Mom's #...

As you said, 50 TXT / 50 mins. It's probably one of the original Plans Koodo offered years & years ago. Long since removed.
Userlevel 3
John Burke wrote:

Does that plan have free incoming texts? Looks like it would make a good seniors plan as is even if it isn't used for texting.
Userlevel 7
John Burke wrote:

I'd say no just to keep it attractive to Koodo
I think this is a great idea! My dad only uses his cell phone maybe once every 2 months. He continues to pay monthly because he likes to have a phone in his truck for emergencies. It would be nice for him to be able to have a plan where he is paying only $10/month to keep his phone active when he needs to make an emergency call.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Even if Koodo beats the market for prepaid, persons that don't use their celphone much aren't belonging here. But now the question is : how many are affected by that case?
Userlevel 7
I think to make this even more palatable for Koodo, this plan can only be added to an existing customers account who has a plan over 30$ per month. Call it the give grandma a lifeline phone.