Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bonus 500 MB of data and 10$ discount per month.

I don't see my bonus 500 MB of data nor do I see my 10$ discount per month. Just signed up earlier today.

19 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Colin, How did you sign up? Online, Koodo Corporate, Koodo reseller?
Hi BestBuy. They told me at the time that it was all good to go but when I registered my account one I was home, I don't see it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Colin McKenna wrote:

Hi BestBuy. They told me at the time that it was all good to go but when I registered my accou...

I see the monthly credit ($10) on your account. That will be on your invoice so that's when you will see it. Not sure what you mean by 500mb bonus. That's not a current promo. 500mb is included in your plan Colin. 
Colin McKenna wrote:

Hi BestBuy. They told me at the time that it was all good to go but when I registered my accou...

Okay thanks. The deal I signed up for is the one I have attached in the screenshot. Shows a bonus 500 MB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Colin McKenna wrote:

Yes, it is when you buy a phone as a new customer or upgrade to a new phone as an existing customer. You brought your own phone hence the bill credit only that applies. 
Colin McKenna wrote:

My problem with that, is that it comes up under the "Bring your own Phone" option, as you can see above. No where does it say that it is only when you buy a new phone...
Colin McKenna wrote:

The top line of that screenshot clearly shows "BYOP" pointing down to the applicable plans which then show the bonus data offer.  If you are saying the bonus data only applies if you buy a new phone then that is misleading in the extreme.  I was planning to sign up tonight but am facing the same issue of not having the bonus data show up, so will not be proceeding.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Colin McKenna wrote:

The bonus data is for new or renewing customers. New customers can get the bonus data if they are bringing their own devices.
Colin McKenna wrote:

I'm a brand new customer as of 3 hours ago and I brought my own device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Colin McKenna wrote:

This is what is stated as far as what is included Colin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Colin McKenna wrote:

@ Bernard.
He is a new customer on BYOD. He doesn't need buy a phone to get bonus data.

Add : If I understand this promo correctly,,,  You will receive bonus data IF you are a new customer OR existing customer who upgrade a phone AND switch to in-market plan.  (It's hardly bonus for existing customers)
Colin McKenna wrote:

Ummm... Looks fairly included to me...

Colin McKenna wrote:

Yep the "official reps" seem to be cropping pretty creatively
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Colin McKenna wrote:

It could be a mistake or problem at Bestbuy activation location. I would go back to Bestbuy and ask them to fix it. If they cannot, I would ask Bestbuy to take note on your account and later you contact koodo through phone or facebook. The 500MB is an add-on at the time of activation, if you didn't see it in your contract paper, it might not there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Colin McKenna wrote:

Alright, looks like I will eat crow this morning......i was wrong, fully admitted! Bonus data does apply indeed. Few conditions only. So if your account is not fixed yet Colin, I will have it looked after.
Colin McKenna wrote:

You are a good man Bernard. It hasn't been fixed yet so if you could look after that, I'd sure appreciate it. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Colin McKenna wrote:

Done! :-) 
Colin McKenna wrote:

Bernard..I am in a similar boat...a new plan I got in woodstock Ontario Telus xxx-xxx-xxxx Limited offer $45 for 500mbs +500mbs bonus..I have reached my first 500mbs..and am cut off and no sight oy my bonus 500mbs...it must have not been registered in the system. i am a brand new customer and never had a cell phone before now. Please help. My month periods expires in a few days.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Colin McKenna wrote:

@ Jean, can you pls send us a private message on Facebook? I also deleted you number here. This is a public forum and don't want you to get spammed.