Koodo Community
Question

bonus 2 gb - not working

• 10 November 2020
  • 17 replies

I would like to get the bonus 2gb of data currently being offered but when I put it in my cart, it doesn’t show up in the plan.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems that you need to upgrade your phone to get this promo plan. 
I know it doesn’t mention anything about upgrade on the plan page. And not even under nitty gritty.  so they should allow customers to do simple plan change. 

Oh, thanks for clarifying Mayumi, that is very annoying! It doesn’t say anywhere in nitty gritty - I looked too:

1. New and existing customers. Cannot be combined with other offers. Limited time offer. All provinces, excluding QC.
  2. Roaming rates apply outside of Canada. Included data does not roll over at the end of each month.
  3. Subject to Koodo’s wireless video experience optimization practices available here.
  4. Includes international text messages sent and received anywhere in Canada. Availability of service will vary by country and is subject to change without notice. Excludes premium and subscription-based messages. Additional data charges apply depending on picture size when roaming in the U.S. and internationally. Picture messaging is supported by BlackBerry smartphone with a SIM card only if a BlackBerry is added to a Koodo plan or a Koodo data plan is chosen. Picture messaging works only if data is turned on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh, thanks for clarifying Mayumi, that is very annoying! It doesn’t say anywhere in nitty gritty - I looked too:

1. New and existing customers. Cannot be combined with other offers. Limited time offer. All provinces, excluding QC.
  2. Roaming rates apply outside of Canada. Included data does not roll over at the end of each month.
  3. Subject to Koodo’s wireless video experience optimization practices available here.
  4. Includes international text messages sent and received anywhere in Canada. Availability of service will vary by country and is subject to change without notice. Excludes premium and subscription-based messages. Additional data charges apply depending on picture size when roaming in the U.S. and internationally. Picture messaging is supported by BlackBerry smartphone with a SIM card only if a BlackBerry is added to a Koodo plan or a Koodo data plan is chosen. Picture messaging works only if data is turned on.

As a rule of thumb, any promos are available to existing customers as well as new customer when they upgrade on a tab.  I know this kind of sucks, but in the past these promos were only available to new customers only.

I’m an upgraded customer, switched from prepaid to postpaid with a Tab plan, but the 2GB bonus doesn’t show in my self serve.. I can only see the 4GB included in my base plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m an upgraded customer, switched from prepaid to postpaid with a Tab plan, but the 2GB bonus doesn’t show in my self serve.. I can only see the 4GB included in my base plan.

Any bonus data should appear in your add-on section as a $0 xGB add on

thanks for your Reply @Allan M , but what I see in the Add-ons (Koodo VoLTE Access = 0.00$) not the 2GB Bonus.

anyway, thanks a lot for your reply :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

thanks for your Reply @Allan M , but what I see in the Add-ons (Koodo VoLTE Access = 0.00$) not the 2GB Bonus.

anyway, thanks a lot for your reply :)

Which plan did you get?

It's the 45$ plus 15$ on tab.

Made the order online on Dec.18 and confirmed Dec.20

But received the phone with the sim Dec.23 so couldn't activate it until then so I don't get disconnected from my prepaid plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you check under usage too?  Do you see 4GB data meter and 2GB bonus data meter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's the 45$ plus 15$ on tab.

Made the order online on Dec.18 and confirmed Dec.20

But received the phone with the sim Dec.23 so couldn't activate it until then so I don't get disconnected from my prepaid plan.

Ahh okay, the $45 plan is only 4GB of data. There isn't a bonus 2GB on top of that.

When I did the purchase it was in the offer (bonus 2GB of data) that's why I got excited for it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When I did the purchase it was in the offer (bonus 2GB of data) that's why I got excited for it.

Yea the offer shows as "includes a 2GB data bonus". The plan was a $45 2GB plan but now it is 4GB so it therefore includes an extra 2GB.

This is the offer, but I don’t think they’d put 4GB above and put it down in the extra as included within the 4GB.
I used to top-up my prepaid with Koodo with 50 dollars, the actual plan included 4GB and I got a bonus 1GB during the offer back in July.
Post paid should be cost effective not the opposite

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is the offer, but I don’t think they’d put 4GB above and put it down in the extra as included within the 4GB.
I used to top-up my prepaid with Koodo with 50 dollars, the actual plan included 4GB and I got a bonus 1GB during the offer back in July.
Post paid should be cost effective not the opposite

I definitely see what you mean but I will confirm that the offer is indeed only for 4GB so that is all that will show up on the account. There is a $50 8GB plan which would be more bang for you buck compared to the prepaid one you are on and you can try contacting customer service since you recently got the other offer and they may be able to swap that for you?

Koodo like any company has a customer retention department, so either Koodo should offer this to existing customers or you simply go to another company, they all have the same offer pretty much.    Companies all need to get with keeping customers as much as getting new ones.  

I signed up on December 26th when they still had a rate plan of 2gb + 2gb bonus, and it isn’t reflected in my add-ons or my data usage anywhere. I can’t email or call anyone because I don’t see anything about contact info on the website… 

It’s sort of frustrating that I signed this contract with the promotion of 2GB extra and it’s nowhere to be found (new phone, $33/month tab plus $45 month 2gb data). 2GB isn’t enough for me, and 4 is the perfect amount, is this false advertising?

Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I signed up on December 26th when they still had a rate plan of 2gb + 2gb bonus, and it isn’t reflected in my add-ons or my data usage anywhere. I can’t email or call anyone because I don’t see anything about contact info on the website… 

It’s sort of frustrating that I signed this contract with the promotion of 2GB extra and it’s nowhere to be found (new phone, $33/month tab plus $45 month 2gb data). 2GB isn’t enough for me, and 4 is the perfect amount, is this false advertising?

Any ideas?

Did you sign up online?  what is your billing cycle?  Could it be that it is halved since your cycle is half way through so it is pro-rated?