Koodo Community
Question

Black Friday text offer

• 19 November 2021
  • 23 replies

Koodo just sent me a Black Friday offer via text, for an additional 5GB of data that says with no strings attached, and when I text back the required reply to use it, it says you "temporarily" can't add this Add-on and try to upsell me a new plan. what is up with that?

23 replies

Same here, got the same text

I’m waiting for a call back to find out why it won’t add. The self help section is useless. 

I got the same text, and it says can’t add. Two weeks ago it was an email with a large amt of data and turns out it was an”error”. What is going on? 

Same here, same offer, same response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Guys, I have flagged this post for a Koodo rep to look into… hang tight!

I called koodo and was told it is a scam

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I called koodo and was told it is a scam

I doubt that: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-free-5-gb-onto-your-monthly-plan-black-friday-promo-ymmw-2504164/

Thats what the rep advised me after confirming with their supervisor you can give them a call 

I am just putting it out there so everyone would be aware 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A rep will be in shortly (probably tomorrow) to inform us what's going on, so we'll wait to see what they have to say. Then we'll know for sure one way or the other ☺️

+1 for this issue. Very possible it’s a scam/another error. Something feels off. Why wouldn’t they just automatically give us the extra data and just let us know via email/text instead of making customers jumping through some hoops?

Userlevel 6

Hello! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It has been flagged and will be looked into. We will get back to you with an update asap.

Hello, is there any update on this offer?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

This special offer was sent to some customers that received our Koodo Rate Plan Email on Friday, November 12. The original email had a now known and fixed error in our rate plan promotions. As an apology, impacted customers that tried to obtain the offer via their Self-Serve accounts received this special offer.  All customers that received the offer can now respond to the original text message for the offer to be applied. 

I also received this offer and responded to it, and received a reply text that I had been granted an extra 5 gb. of data per month. But so far the extra 5 gb of data is not showing up in my “current plan” in my online Kudo account. How do I know for sure I have been granted this extra 5 gb of data and will it show up in my plan details in my Kudo account? Thank you.

This special offer was sent to some customers that received our Koodo Rate Plan Email on Friday, November 12. The original email had a now known and fixed error in our rate plan promotions. As an apology, impacted customers that tried to obtain the offer via their Self-Serve accounts received this special offer.  All customers that received the offer can now respond to the original text message for the offer to be applied. 

I replied again to this offer, still getting the same message as before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I also received this offer and responded to it, and received a reply text that I had been granted an extra 5 gb. of data per month. But so far the extra 5 gb of data is not showing up in my “current plan” in my online Kudo account. How do I know for sure I have been granted this extra 5 gb of data and will it show up in my plan details in my Kudo account? Thank you.

It would show as a $0 5GB add-on in the add-on section of your self serve account.

It would show as a $0 5GB add-on in the add-on section of your self serve account.

Brilliant. I checked and it’s there. Thank you.

I do however have one more question on this promotion. My wife and I are on the exact same plan on the same account, but with two different phones. When we plug in the DATA5 text to the same number Koodo gave to me, she gets a reply text saying she is not eligible. Not sure why I would be eligible and she is not when everything about our plans is identical?

I got the Nov 12 email but never got the text offer for the free 5 Gb. How are impacted customers determined?  I signed into my self serve prob twice on Nov 12 to check for that promo offered via the email. 

I did not get a reply at all when I texted DATA5 to the same number. No add-ons show up on my account either when I check online so the 5gb didn’t get added. Can a koodo rep apply it for me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I did not get a reply at all when I texted DATA5 to the same number. No add-ons show up on my account either when I check online so the 5gb didn’t get added. Can a koodo rep apply it for me?

Did the number send you the initial message or were you just trying to see if it would work for you even though you weren’t sent the offer?

Hey everyone,

This could be completely unrelated. I was checking my plan online a few minutes ago and notice a entry $0 5GB add-on for well, $0 in the “Add-Ons” section.

I checked the transaction history and it was effective as of November 28, 2021. I had not made any changes to my account for well of a month now.

Has anyone else experienced this? I might have to contact Koodo Customer Care to inquire further.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Stofty Can you start a new thread please? Send a screenshot of your current add-ons so we can help you better... I don't think you need to contact a rep unless something is wrong and it certainly doesn't seem so, based on that screenshot. Free addons are always welcome, right?