Solved

Black Friday Pixel 5 Purchase

• 5 December 2020
  • 63 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

63 replies

Userlevel 3

Koodo never was very good with updating shipping time estimates. All I can say is speak with a Rep, complain, and ask for something then.

Already tried that... They simply told me I was "on the priority list" for whenever they received their shipment.

Did you ask for something or did you wait for them to offer you something? Big difference. 

Userlevel 5

Koodo never was very good with updating shipping time estimates. All I can say is speak with a Rep, complain, and ask for something then.

Already tried that... They simply told me I was "on the priority list" for whenever they received their shipment.

Yeah that’s what they told me as well. They are not offering anything for this mess that they’ve created. They are quick to take the money but when it comes to offer the service it’s all excuses for not living up to their promise.

Also, saying that Koodo has never been good with estimates is a terrible defense for a company. This year, they made mess out of most of their deliveries and you can find this out by just looking into the complaints of sever people,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For those of us who live in a civilized society (you're the one who brought up storming factories), there's this thing called a contract where two parties exchange goods and services often for monetary compensation. My complaint isn't that I don't have a pixel 5 in my hands, my complaint is that one of the two parties hasn't held up their end of the contract.

It's customary in the case of such a breach to confer with the other party and say "hey, I told you I could do something for you, turns out I can't right now so how can we make this right?".

How about a couple months free service? Offer me a different phone or additional perks? Even something like extra data that I'm not even likely going to use to show SOME level of recognition they went and hosed it.

Are you honestly that beaten down by these big corporations to think that we should simply accept when they can't keep up their end of the deal?

So it sounds like you are after some freebies.  To be fair, no where in the contract does Koodo say that if they are not able to deliver the phones in the stated time that they must provide compensation.  The agreement is that they will issue you a refund if you so choose.  

It is solely at the discretion of a company if they want to offer any additional compensation.

When I didnt get my PS5 in the time they stated, I wasnt offered any compensation either.  I was also charged full price at purchase.  My option was to wait or cancel and get a refund.

Userlevel 4

For those of us who live in a civilized society (you're the one who brought up storming factories), there's this thing called a contract where two parties exchange goods and services often for monetary compensation. My complaint isn't that I don't have a pixel 5 in my hands, my complaint is that one of the two parties hasn't held up their end of the contract.

It's customary in the case of such a breach to confer with the other party and say "hey, I told you I could do something for you, turns out I can't right now so how can we make this right?".

How about a couple months free service? Offer me a different phone or additional perks? Even something like extra data that I'm not even likely going to use to show SOME level of recognition they went and hosed it.

Are you honestly that beaten down by these big corporations to think that we should simply accept when they can't keep up their end of the deal?

So it sounds like you are after some freebies.  To be fair, no where in the contract does Koodo say that if they are not able to deliver the phones in the stated time that they must provide compensation.  The agreement is that they will issue you a refund if you so choose.  

It is solely at the discretion of a company if they want to offer any additional compensation.

When I didnt get my PS5 in the time they stated, I wasnt offered any compensation either.  I was also charged full price at purchase.  My option was to wait or cancel and get a refund.

@PedroVanCity 

Thank you my friend for your constructive conversation. Apparently I've been reduced to 'the guy looking for freebies' by expecting a better level of communication from a multi million dollar organization. 

People like yourself continue to provide hope that some level of decent discourse may be maintained through this anonymous veil through which people generate noise. Not enough people realize that arguing over the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can air your grievances here, but I think it will fall on deaf ears. Just file a complaint to the CCTS and see if this issue can be resolved. https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@PedroVanCity

Thank you my friend for your constructive conversation. Apparently I've been reduced to 'the guy looking for freebies' by expecting a better level of communication from a multi million dollar organization. 

People like yourself continue to provide hope that some level of decent discourse may be maintained through this anonymous veil through which people generate noise. Not enough people realize that arguing over the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon...

If it was soley about communication, you wouldn’t  have asked for free service :shrug:

I mean does a freebie solve the communication issue?

Userlevel 5

Our main request is to get the service that we paid for. If you were actually reading the entire thread, we did not start it by asking for “freebies”. I guess it’s too much to ask for what we were all promised and paid for.

All we want is a decent service and I don’t think it’s asking too much. 

Userlevel 5

@PedroVanCity

I guess asking for the service we were promised and we paid for is now equal to asking for “freebies”. Seems like we should’ve just shut up and cancel the order as if it’s a golden motto for running a successful business. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@PedroVanCity The criticism is is not for asking for what you were promised.  The criticism is for this :point_up_2:

Is this not asking for a freebie?  If not, what is the definition for asking for a freebie.  Literally they said “How about a couple months free service?”

Userlevel 5

@PedroVanCity

If it was soley about communication, you wouldn’t  have asked for free service :shrug:

To risk getting sidetracked by this whole noise about the so called “freebies”, this topic came up when a Koodo rep asked me in my original post, what are some steps that Koodo can take to make this eperience a bit better and this was one of the options.

Please make sure to read everything before jumping to conclusions and downgrading a lot of valued customers’ honest complaint.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@PedroVanCity

To risk getting sidetracked by this whole noise about the so called “freebies”, this topic came up when a Koodo rep asked me in my original post, what are some steps that Koodo can take to make this eperience a bit better and this was one of the options.

Please make sure to read everything before jumping to conclusions and downgrading a lot of valued customers’ honest complaint.

Are you referring to your original post that is not this post?

If so it would be hard to expect me to read something that was not on this post, nor was a link provided to it.   I mean I dont expect you to refer to something I posted in another thread if I didnt at least reference it for you.

Only @qc_on_bc posted a link to another post and I have read that one.

So why did u ever bought this phone?
Its totally useless man :joy:

Their supply is also dependent on Google.  It could be Google who let down customers.

Thanks for your comment. It’s Koodo’s fault for not checking their inventory before posting the offer. When it comes to taking money and showing their “deals” they are pretty quick, but they didn’t bother to check the inventory first and predict the demand. 

Just as an FYI, if you order anything online and the website says “will ship in 1-2 weeks", it means they don't HAVE any inventory. They're on order and should be arriving in 1-2 weeks. If the expected shipment arrives with a note saying “item x is backordered”, there isn't a whole lot they can do about that.

Then this should be in the “nitty gritty” like everything else they hide.

Userlevel 3

@PedroVanCity

Are you referring to your original post that is not this post?

If so it would be hard to expect me to read something that was not on this post, nor was a link provided to it.   I mean I dont expect you to refer to something I posted in another thread if I didnt at least reference it for you.

Only @qc_on_bc posted a link to another post and I have read that one.

Userlevel 3

Someone recommended sharing this debacle with MobileSyrup as well.  

About MobileSyrup

All news and reviews are proudly written by Canadians

MobileSyrup is an independent resource on mobile technology in Canada – connecting to those who are mobile enthusiasts, professionals, and shoppers. We provide daily market and industry news & reviews on smartphones, tablets, wearables, IoT and automotive.

Userlevel 3

Hey Koodo Reps, 

Could you kindly explain the difference between Koodo Corporate (online web-services) and Koodo Mobile (a physical Koodo store)? Since Koodo’s name is associated with both businesses is it not safe to assume that both entities should offer the same services? 

I have mentioned something to that effect in another thread but have not received a direct reply. 

Here is the link:

Thanks! 

Userlevel 5

Someone recommended sharing this debacle with MobileSyrup as well.  

About MobileSyrup

All news and reviews are proudly written by Canadians

MobileSyrup is an independent resource on mobile technology in Canada – connecting to those who are mobile enthusiasts, professionals, and shoppers. We provide daily market and industry news & reviews on smartphones, tablets, wearables, IoT and automotive.

Thanks for the heads up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just saw this, the phone is out of stock at google right now too. This article mentions its been in and out of stock. Sounds like Google is having a hard time keeping up with their own demand plus to add them having to ship out phones to all the carriers as well.

https://9to5google.com/2020/11/29/pixel-5-sold-out-black-friday/

Userlevel 5

Just saw this, the phone is out of stock at google right now too. This article mentions its been in and out of stock. Sounds like Google is having a hard time keeping up with their own demand plus to add them having to ship out phones to all the carriers as well.

https://9to5google.com/2020/11/29/pixel-5-sold-out-black-friday/

Thanks for sharing this. However, what you’re sharing is misleading. I checked Google store myself yesterday and Pixel 5 in store and available so this change in status happened recently and has nothing to do with our orders which happened 3 weeks ago! Also, Koodo must’ve been planning on announcing their “deal” well before that which again goes to show the poor management on Koodo’s side and NOT on Google. Anyways, we can spin this however you like and at the end of the day we have many unsatisfied customers like myself who feel scammed.

In any case, I really hope what you mentioned earlier in the day regarding shipment fulfillment happens soon. Unless that was also an empty promise from Koodo’s side. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for sharing this. However, what you’re sharing is misleading. I checked Google store myself yesterday and Pixel 5 in store and available so this change in status happened recently and has nothing to do with our orders which happened 3 weeks ago! Also, Koodo must’ve been planning on announcing their “deal” well before that which again goes to show the poor management on Koodo’s side and NOT on Google. Anyways, we can spin this however you like and at the end of the day we have many unsatisfied customers like myself who feel scammed.

In any case, I really hope what you mentioned earlier in the day regarding shipment fulfillment happens soon. Unless that was also an empty promise from Koodo’s side. 

You make it sound like Koodo is purposely not bringing in more inventory.  Do you think they dont want to have inventory?  Koodo doesnt make the phones and is reliant on the manufacturers.  Like I said earlier, you are free to cancel your order and order direct from Google.  You are also free to cancel and move to another carrier that has the phone available or better inventory management of their phone supplies.

Userlevel 3

You make it sound like Koodo is purposely not bringing in more inventory.  Do you think they dont want to have inventory?  Koodo doesnt make the phones and is reliant on the manufacturers.  Like I said earlier, you are free to cancel your order and order direct from Google.  You are also free to cancel and move to another carrier that has the phone available or better inventory management of their phone supplies.

IMHO cancelling the order is not the best solution simply because I can’t go back in time to the Black Friday Deals. There’s definitely room for improvement here in regards to customer relations and supply chain logistics. 

Userlevel 3

ummm sort of... Koodo/Telus ordered X amount of inventory for X amount of dollars. Koodo/Telus ran out. Now they need to negotiate a new price. I doubt they can get the same deal with Google, so it’s either wait or pay the cost to be at the front of the line to honour the outstanding contracts with the clients from the Black Friday Sales. So you would need to take into consideration the reputation of the company.  Please correct me if I’m wrong. I’m just speculating based on exprerience from other industries. 

It still seems like the obvious solution here is better planning.. do not sell items you do not have in your inventory. 

Userlevel 5

Thanks for letting me know I can cancel my order. I also appreciate that you reminded me that Koodo is not a phone manufacturer…

If this is the attitude and mindset that runs through Koodo, no wonder we are in this mess. Instead of admitting to lack of management, and vouching to be better in the future we go scream at the valued customers and ask them to go use our competitors’ services...Perfect!

Userlevel 5

IMHO cancelling the order is not the best solution simply because I can’t go back in time to the Black Friday Deals. There’s definitely room for improvement here in regards to customer relations and supply chain logistics. 

I totally agree! Canceling the order and encouraging customers to go to other companies is the WORST attitude for running a business.

Userlevel 5

ummm sort of... Koodo/Telus ordered X amount of inventory for X amount of dollars. Koodo/Telus ran out. Now they need to negotiate a new price. I doubt they can get the same deal with Google, so it’s either wait or pay the cost to be at the front of the line to honour the outstanding contracts with the clients from the Black Friday Sales. So you would need to take into consideration the reputation of the company.  Please correct me if I’m wrong. I’m just speculating based on exprerience from other industries. 

It still seems like the obvious solution here is better planning.. do not sell items you do not have in your inventory. 

It’s all about how Koodo can get their customers’ money by their so called “deals” and when it comes to honoring our promise they just bail on their customers and when they complain just shout at them and ask them hey cancel your order and go use our competitors’ services.