Koodo Community
Question

Billing error unauthosrised plan change

• 16 September 2020
  • 6 replies

A so-called ‘data block’ charge appeared on my latest bill without me authorising it.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should have received notifications via email last month. And there was a note on your Ebill too.

This add- on was free or $2/mo depends on when you add it. Now they decided to increase the price.

If you don’t agree to have it, you can login to self serve and remove this add-on.  You have to set up your phone not access to data. Otherwise you might have chance to get data charge for data leakage and data usage by apps updates.

I never ordered this add-on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are on a very old plan, it used to be free. Many customers added it on “just because” and probably forgot all about it so many years later :)

In addition with what Mayumi suggested, if you got charged and you removed this plugin, you can contact Koodo and tell them you have no need for the plugin (already removed) and they will probably reverse the charges as a leniency.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

https://community.koodomobile.com/billing-66726/data-block-fee-increased-7799942

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@palika You added the service over 2 years ago so I can totally understand how it may not be on one’s mind currently. I see you have been able to successfully remove it.  All the best! 

Userlevel 7

@palika If you have removed the data block add-on you may consider disabling the ‘mobile data’ on your phone [Network, Data Usage, ‘Mobile Data’] to have some protection against inadvertent mobile data usage.  Also, be aware that use of MMS/Picture requires use of mobile data, so blocking Mobile Data at your phone will not allow you to use MMS/Picture.