Koodo Community
Solved

Bill Credit

• 1 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I recently took advantage of the 2020 winter sale, purchasing double data (12 gigs) for $55 per month with $100 in bill credits to be dispersed at $10 off per month for 10 months. So my total monthly cost would be $45 per month plus tax for the next 10 months then kicked up to $55 afterwards.

All of this information was noted in the Order Confirmation email I had received, however, was not reflected on the subsequent service agreement. There is no mention of $10 off per month anywhere on my service agreement or under the rate plan details of my self-serve section. Is this normal?

I am just wondering if it only shows up on the bill itself, though I find it strange there would be no mention at all in the service agreement. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by rikkster 3 January 2021, 19:08

I’m not seeing anything written in the Wireless Code of Conduct where the provider must include promotional information in the service agreement. When the $10 off per month for 10 months eventually expires, it’s understood the customer will pay the non-promotional amount of $55/month which is likely what you’re seeing in your service agreement.

The $100 in bill credits is a ‘gift’ from Koodo and is not an out of pocket expense to you, so there’s little reason to include this in your service agreement. A breakdown of charges and the promotion should appear on your bill. I could be way off here, if so, someone will correct me.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Badge +4

I’m not seeing anything written in the Wireless Code of Conduct where the provider must include promotional information in the service agreement. When the $10 off per month for 10 months eventually expires, it’s understood the customer will pay the non-promotional amount of $55/month which is likely what you’re seeing in your service agreement.

The $100 in bill credits is a ‘gift’ from Koodo and is not an out of pocket expense to you, so there’s little reason to include this in your service agreement. A breakdown of charges and the promotion should appear on your bill. I could be way off here, if so, someone will correct me.

You’re correct. I was able to get in contact with a Koodo representative via phone and they honour it though it is not listed on your service agreement as a temporary credit. All good!

Hi,

i received my first bill and i do not see the credit for the same winter sale. my plan is a 4Gb with 100 credit bill for 10 months as well.

thanks

cris