Koodo Community

Community

BIGGER Data Package PLZ!!!


BIGGER Data Package. 2Gigs for heavy users is not enough. You should offer 6-10Gig, this would really make you guys standout from the other competition. Perhaps get 10 Gigs with 2 year plan?

20 replies

Userlevel 7
The point of Koodo is no contracts (exlcuding iPhone as its Apple who makes the rules and thats the only way Koodo could carry it). Honestly, if you're using 10GB on a phone, you need a home internet connection. Use your WiFi to stream videos because that's the only reason you'd need 10GB lol. I think the max they should offer is 6GB (with a good overage rate). And they actually have offered a 6GB plan before, you just need to always look on the Koodo website for new plans. You missed out:P
I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using more than 3GB of mobile internet on your phone, then maybe you need to look into an internet packge. Mobile data should be just that, mobile. For checking things on the go. The only 2 reasons why anyone would need more than 3GB is either you're doing way more video streaming than necessary or you're tethering. Mobile Data isn't even a need, it's a luxury. As long as you can call and text then your basics are covered. I'm a heavy user because I tend to do a bit of youtubing but I also monitor my data on a daily basis to make sure I'm staying within my means. Are you really going to shell out $50 for 6-10GB? And even that that, it's a ripoff because you can get much more with a straight internet connection. tl;dr, I disagree with your apparent need for larger data packages because there is no actual need for it, just tone down your mobile internet usage.
Userlevel 2
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

LOL at "I disagree with your apparent need for larger data packages because their is no actual need for it" Does this not sounds overly critical to anyone? Who are we to determine what someone else needs or requires? Their are many legitimate reasons why someone could need more then 2 or 3 gb of data. Maybe her husband is in the army overseas and they facetime eachother everyday, and because of the time difference she can't guarentee shes in a wifi area. The list of legitimate reasons could be massive. Anyways, I don't think it would hurt anyone if koodo offered some more choices, obviously don't give it away for free, price it in line with the other packages.
Userlevel 4
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

MarcusF, that is so 1990ies.
Userlevel 2
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

Switch to Wind.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

Wind throttles their data usage. I'd rather pay an overage cost than have my speed throttled.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

I am an engineer and I always travel to Quebec/Alberta/British-Columbia/Ontario, so I have a need of a lot of data since I'm never at the same place and taking a new home internet plan every time is a waste of time and money (because activating fees are expensive). Your argument is invalid.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

MarcusF - I already spend close to $50 on data, so no that is not that much for heavy users. There are so many applications that uses data. I maximize my phone for everything not only for talking and sending sms! Try Skype, Words with Friends, picture editing, maps, Facebook, radio streaming, video sometimes, and much more. I do have internet at home but when I am away I need more data. Mattjs - Thank you!!! Daniel AJ - hahaha love it! James - Wind works only in the city, as I am most of the time outside the city. Bills would be in $1000's for data. David - I guess I am not the only one who needs bigger Data Package! I can stop only at so many Tim Horton's to use their WiFi! Koodo - When is the new plan coming out?
Badge +4
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

Sounds overly critical to me too. I am a heavy data user and my occupation has me travelling all over this great country as well. My setup is primarily mobile so tethering is the only way to go. I communicate back and forth with head office in the GTA. I have high-speed broadband at home, but I can't take it with me, so mobile broadband fits the bill for now. I don't mind paying extra for a few more GB's.
Userlevel 7
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

If we can't have bigger plans how about add on data packages at a reasonable cost. Who cares if we NEED bigger data plans. Bottom line is we WANT them.
Userlevel 2
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

6GB for $25 😉. That'd be a start 😛.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

It would be, but you know we won't have a good permanent offer like this before at least ten years.
Userlevel 7
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

I give it 2 years
Badge +4
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

MykeC: Agreed. 6 GB for 25 bucks sounds like a pretty good deal. Skash: I hear you, lol. You just never know though, guess it would depend on how many people really show an interest in wanting more data. From what I've read about WIND's throttling policy; [i]"To ensure that all of our customers are able to enjoy optimal data usage on our network, we have a Data Fair Usage Policy. Our Data Fair Usage Policy specifies that if you [b]exceed the data usage levels specified in this policy for your type of plan or add-on, we may slow your speed so that all WIND customers can better share the network and enjoy quality access to the Internet". Source - WIND Mobile. [i]"Given the rate at which most of our customers consume data, you are unlikely to exceed the data usage levels specified in this policy in any given billing cycle unless you use file sharing applications or download large files from the Internet. If we elect to slow your speeds when your data usage first exceeds the thresholds outlined above, we will slow your speed to a speed of 256 kilobits per second for downloads and 128 kilobits per second for uploads". Source - WIND Mobile. So if you go over the 5 GB threshold, you get throttled...lol. Not saying I'm heading over to WIND anytime soon. However, I'd rather get the 5 GB's and stay within my limits, than to pay overage charges. http://www2.windmobile.ca/wind%20docs/wind-fair-usage-data-050111.pdf
Userlevel 2
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

I think bringing back the Canada wide 6gb promo would go over well. I'm on it and can't complain, pretty decent value.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

Thanks for the option s TIPS. I BELIEVE the OPTION of 10 gig being offered was the concept. Evidently you are a Koodo employee as you are way off on what people are talking bout here. Anyway thanks Koodo "Markus/Ahmad", appreciate the insight on what we as customers are looking for by yer reply...
Userlevel 7
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

You do realize the comment you are upset with is from 5 years ago? If you want to start a conversation please start a new thread.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

I don't really understand this need for big data packages for mobile internet. If you're using mo...

Talk about lag... that's when I sent it....
Userlevel 1
It would be nice if Koodo's Canada wide plans include 3gigs of data and $5 for every gig over that to a max price of $50.
Badge +4
samsvoc wrote:

It would be nice if Koodo's Canada wide plans include 3gigs of data and $5 for every gig over tha...

Not bad either.

Reply