Koodo Community
Solved

Are Unlimited minutes canada wide

• 21 November 2020
  • 11 replies

If a plan has unlimited minutes, does that count for all of canada? My current plan says Canada wide in the breakdown but the new plans I am looking at only mention unlimited minutes.

icon

Best answer by Goran 21 November 2020, 20:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo’s default is nationwide unless it explicitly states otherwise. So you're good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, it is  unlimited Canada-wide  if you are a postpaid customer.

I really dislike the lack of information to describe plans, why the different terminology if it means the same thing? Unlimited minutes for all vs. unlimited canada wide anytime minutes for $45. If it all means the same then why not use one term so customers know what they are buying and being billed for before receiving a bill that you cannot dispute because there is no customer reps to call. Am I missing something here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I really dislike the lack of information to describe plans, why the different terminology if it means the same thing? Unlimited minutes for all vs. unlimited canada wide anytime minutes for $45. If it all means the same then why not use one term so customers know what they are buying and being billed for before receiving a bill that you cannot dispute because there is no customer reps to call. Am I missing something here?

If you are switching to a new plan, you don’t have to worry about it. All of the current Koodo plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes. You can find this here

Canada-wide long distance

Koodo is giving Canadian long distance service charges the boot! Our Canada-wide plans let you call anywhere in Canada without paying long distance service charges. That means worry-free calling coast to coast. All long distance calls use anytime minutes¹.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I agree. All plans including unlimited Canada wide minutes. And wording is different on $45 plan. 

They should use same term/wording for all plans.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thank you everyone for flagging this! We’ve submitted your feedback. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Should also fix the disparity in the messaging unless they really mean that some is Canada-wide, while other(s) might be international (or not?). You shouldn’t need a legal assistant to read the nitty-gritty all the time.

I had a canada wide calling  plan but was still billed long distance and overage charges for calls from Ontario to BC. So this is either not true or a technical glitch. If it’s a glitch, how in the world is this going to be rectified if I can’t speak to a live agent?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I had a canada wide calling  plan but was still billed long distance and overage charges for calls from Ontario to BC. So this is either not true or a technical glitch. If it’s a glitch, how in the world is this going to be rectified if I can’t speak to a live agent?

I think it was a glitch for some customers. They mentioned they would fix it. If you didn’t see any rectification, you would have to contact them directly. You can schedule a callback from www.koodo.com/chat or chat with a rep via facebook messaging https://www.facebook.com/Koodo

Thanks Dinh!  This was helpful. I didn’t know I had to schedule a call back

I think it was a glitch for some customers. They mentioned they would fix it. If you didn’t see any rectification, you would have to contact them directly. You can schedule a callback from www.koodo.com/chat or chat with a rep via facebook messaging https://www.facebook.com/Koodo

Thanks Dinh! This was helpful. I didn’t know I had to schedule a call back