Koodo Community

Community

Solved

are there any rules against this?

Userlevel 4
I'm considering picking up a S7 and taking advantage of the $200 rebate and using my positive tab, but because it's a tab plus, I will need to change to a tab plus plan. their lowest plan is $59 which is $20 more a month than the plan I have now. That's almost $500. I don't think it's worth while over 24 months.

Can I switch to a tab plus plan to get a phone, than pay off my tab next month and switch back to a regular plan?

7 replies

Not too sure about this but you may have to keep the same tab for a certain period of time to have access to that promotion. They wouldn't be able to get enough profit from it if not. I have not verified this. Just my thought.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to wait 90 days before you can do it. Of course keep in mind when you switch back you will have to select a then current plan and what you have now might not be available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you sure it's even doable? I think you would need to pay your tab before switching to a lower tab...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Are you sure it's even doable? I think you would need to pay your tab before switching to a lower...

You would need to pay off your tab to switch off of tab plus, but you need to wait 90 days before you can pay off your tab.
Userlevel 4
Robert wrote:

Are you sure it's even doable? I think you would need to pay your tab before switching to a lower...

Well, 3 months is better than 24. Can someone from koodo confirm this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

I don't work for Koodo but can confirm Goran and Timo are correct here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Confirmation on the confirmation