Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Are my texts covered under my plan when I travel to the US?

The following is included in my plan: Not sure what it means. US Roam Toll @ $0.00Cdn

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Bonnie,

No texts are not covered under your plan when you travel to the US. You must get an add-on or be charged for each text sent out (receiving is free) of your phone. 

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I believe the US Roam Toll @ 0.00$ simply means that you are not being charged just for being connected to a US tower, like in any plan Koodo offers. 
Userlevel 6
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Bonnie,

No texts are not covered under your plan when you travel to the US. You must get an a...

Hi Mathieu, with pay-per-use roaming, incoming text messages are free but outgoing texts are charged $5 for 100 messages 🙂 Thank you!
Thanks for your quick reply! So, I guess since I will only be in the states for 4 days it may be just as cheap to pay per use as I see we are only charged $5 per 100 txts sent and $1.50 per minute of talk.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bonnie Charlie Ralph wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply! So, I guess since I will only be in the states for 4 days it may be ...

First text will cost $5, next 99 are free. Calls are pay-per-use at $1.50 a minute. Roam toll just means that you have access to US towers, as Mathieu stated, on a pay-per-use basis. Without it being included, you would be limited to Canadian towers only. By default, if you travel overseas, the roaming feature is OFF. More than a few people have been surprised to find no service at all in Europe or elsewhere until international roaming is activated.
Userlevel 3
Bonnie Charlie Ralph wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply! So, I guess since I will only be in the states for 4 days it may be ...

Hi Bonnie! The text messages aren't included in your plan while you travel in USA. If 100 text messages isn't enough for the 4 days, we also offer a bunch of roaming add-on valid for 3, 10 or 30 days with UNLIMITED text messages http://koo.do/Im7Mcg. Have a safe trip!