Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Annoying notification data usage

I have chosen to have no data on my phone phone and my phone is the Moto G. Since then I have turned off the data under settings as well as clicked the restrict background data. Since then I have gotten a notification at the top saying that it is restricted and won't go away. How do I make it go away so that my phone only works on wifi with no data charges?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Esther, You could request Koodo to put a data block on your account, then it won't matter whether you have data on or off on your phone (= no more notification). However, you wouldn't be able to send pictures messages (MMS) without the use of data. If that is no objection, that would be your best option 🙂
Is there any way that I can do that online or do I have to call?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Esther Rowaan wrote:

You'd need to call (*611) which is free 🙂
Esther Rowaan wrote:

Thank-you 🙂
Badge +4
To add: To remove the 'restrict background data' icon that appears in the notification area (triangle with the exclamation mark in the centre) simply swipe from the top of the screen downward to view the notification windowshade, tap on 'Background data restricted', and the icon will disappear from the notifications area and turn that feature off.