Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Am I able to add data to my plan without changing the rest of my plan?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your on prepaid yes you buy a data booster. If your on postpaid you just use the extra data and you will be charged for it according to the overage rate for whichever plan you have, there are no data addons.
I am not on prepaid. Sounds like I need to change my plan. Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tammy Pio wrote:

I am not on prepaid. Sounds like I need to change my plan. Thanks :)

Are you going way over your alloted data on a regular basis? If not then just use the extra the months you need it and pay the overages. Which plan do you have?
Userlevel 2
Are you on a Canada-wide Talk & Text plan, or a Canada-wide Data plan? If you're on the Talk & Text plan, and you are consistently using data, then it may be worthwhile to change to a Data plan which gives you a fixed data allotment per month that is cheaper than the pay-per-use rates. If you're on a Data plan, and you are consistently using data above your data allotment per month, then it may be time to upgrade to a higher data allotment. However, if you're only occasionally going over your data allotment, then it would be less expensive to just pay the overage fees on the occasions where you do exceed your data allotment.
Userlevel 2
Keep in mind that a data plan does not turn on the data.